Slippin' Sliders

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member

The axles are hollow, and I think he means the sizes of the holes front and rear, they should be the same in their own respects.

Front needs a certain sized threaded bar, rear needs a certain sized threaded bar. and perhaps the size of the nuts front and rear as well?

Old 10-03-2013, 02:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nikolaj Lykke
What does he mean by "all 4 positions" ?
The openings of the hollow axle at each end. 2 axles x 2 openings each = 4.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Im pretty sure ol'klx-er is right. He will need the opening measurements front and back and left and right side, because I'm pretty sure the front has two different sized openings on each side. I'd measure mine but I'm at school now so I wont be seeing my bike for a couple weeks. Shouldnt require any super special tools a electronic caliper is only like $6 or if you have a good eye, Im sure you could get a close enough measurement with a metric ruler.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Maybe on other bikes but not the klx, you can go to home depot and pick up a 5/16" threaded bar and it will fit all the way through, there was a thread for $11 axle sliders usig 2 threaded bars, skateboard wheels, and some nuts

Found it .

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...sliders-37985/

Last edited by RockabillSlapMatt; 10-03-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Alright thanks for all the responses. I can see that a digital caliper is not as expensive as I thought it would be so I guess I will buy one one of these days. Jaybeebikerbits.co.uk have mushrooms a lot cheaper(!!) than most other companies so it would be cool if they could make some. Especially considering I wont have to pay ridiculous import taxes either!

Now if only a European company made that awesome engine protector that Joel got from Thailand!!

Also Lawnica, I know you dont have access to your bike, but I would like to get some information on your self-made frameslider too so I can maybe ask this guy to make some. I.e. diameter and length of the metal you used and stuff like that.

Last edited by Nikolaj Lykke; 10-03-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Use drill bits to get the internal diameter of the axles.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Anyone know how to make a set of sliders for the human body?

Old 10-04-2013, 11:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Lawnica1 those homemade engine protectors look great!

The rear axle size is very universal as the sliders I bought we're labelled for use on HUSABERG DRZ KTM HONDA.
The packet said M10 THREADED BAR or aka studding.

The front axle is way smaller in diameter & not readily available online! M6 Threaded bar would be needed to make these.

Hey Nikolaj all these axle sliders/mushrooms can easily be made with studding & funky skateboard wheels! The engine protectors would be a little harder to make but with some fabricating skills, pretty easy. Then no tax or import duties!!

Old 10-04-2013, 11:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Good information on the size of the threaded bar Joel. Thank you. Do you know the size(and length) of the threaded bar used in the engine protector?

Considering that Jaybeebikerbits charges 14£ on his website for the axel sliders with a lifetime warranty and free replacement on crash I dont think I want to bother making them myself. Two skateboard wheels will probably cost the same.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nikolaj Lykke
Good information on the size of the threaded bar Joel. Thank you. Do you know the size(and length) of the threaded bar used in the engine protector?

Considering that Jaybeebikerbits charges 14£ on his website for the axel sliders with a lifetime warranty and free replacement on crash I dont think I want to bother making them myself. Two skateboard wheels will probably cost the same.
Do Jaybeebikerbits make front axle sliders for the KLX?? I thought they only had the rear! The axle is smaller in diameter than 90% of other Supermoto bikes, hence no one sells them. You may have to make these yourself.

The engine protectors on my bike measure 40cm end to end & the threaded bar it's self is 34cm. Good luck with the build!!

Quick Reply: Slippin' Sliders