Slip on w/o rejet ? Indonesian's Noob says Hi

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 07:26 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Slip on w/o rejet ? Indonesian's Noob says Hi

Hi All.. been flipping over the thread for a while now.. and would like to share a few stuff..

Just got my KLX 250s 09 for 2 weeks.. as a result of registering to this forum.. I cut off my rear fender & strip the decals... The down side is I couldn't find any after market parts for the bike here.. exhaust, dynojet, etc... checking the USPS rate discourage me also.. 50 bucks/ pound...

Actually the stock bike suits me well (noob biker).. don't think I would need a performance upgrade for the time being.. but I think I could use a louder pipe (just to be cool).. Is there by any chance I could find a slip on that doesn't require re-jetting?

cheers...

*trying hard to understand the language used here*

Old 02-14-2009, 12:37 PM
1st Gear Member

These bikes are jetted lean from the factory to meet newer emissions laws. Fitting any free flowing 'slip on" exhaust will only increase this state. (bad for the bike) It's not an expensive or particularly hard job to adjust the jetting and well worth the effort. Very inexpensive if you use the OE Keihin parts.
BTW Welcome to the forum.
Where are you, Sabah, Sarawak, Kuching, KK?
Travelled your land about 6 years ago, fantastic.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by miko
Hi All.. been flipping over the thread for a while now.. and would like to share a few stuff..

Just got my KLX 250s 09 for 2 weeks.. as a result of registering to this forum.. I cut off my rear fender & strip the decals... The down side is I couldn't find any after market parts for the bike here.. exhaust, dynojet, etc... checking the USPS rate discourage me also.. 50 bucks/ pound...

Actually the stock bike suits me well (noob biker).. don't think I would need a performance upgrade for the time being.. but I think I could use a louder pipe (just to be cool).. Is there by any chance I could find a slip on that doesn't require re-jetting?

cheers...

*trying hard to understand the language used here*
Rejet?? If you are located in Borneo, I'd guess you have an Asian spec KLX which has Fuel Injection (No carburetor, so no jets). If you go with a slip-on make sure your have a weld shop weld-in a fitting for your O2 sensor. Once that is done, you should be ok.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:19 PM
1st Gear Member

@WeztoOzKLX --> well actually I'm further down at the South Borneo.. what u mentioned is Malaysian area.. tks for the warm welcome

@tremor --> I guess I do.. I'm kinda confused reading the threads of masters here replacing their exhaust w/o even mentioning the O2 Sensor.. thks alot for the enlightment..

Old 02-15-2009, 09:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Miko,
Being as your bike is the same as mine yours is FI as Tremor pointed out. You can do the slip on, I have the 2 Brothers Racing M7 on mine, but have to make consideration to relocate the O2 sensor. I know of a guy in Chaing Mai who made his own copy of the M7 to sell. he has an M7 on his bike but he "had" to make a new S-pipe (supplied by 2BR as part of the M7) as he could not get it to fit. My M7 and S-pipe fit together like a good marriage, so don't know what is problem was. The FI seems to adapt well to the change in flow that the M7 provides and hav enot had or heard of any issues that would require a remap. Most I hear is the complaints like everyone else with regards to lack of power and our bike is spec'd higher than the carburated version. For me she is good to go. If you want more low end ummpf, try swapping the 14t drive sprocket to a 13t. I have one, not installed yet and I sent two down to Ros on the other side of Indonesia from you. I don't think he has tried it yet.

Eric

Old 02-15-2009, 12:14 PM
1st Gear Member

tks for the tips bro.. in despair I've found a local forum and they pointed out a local exhaust shop that has been building custom made cans for road race.. I'll try those out first and see what happen... 13 T has been on my mind... going to the capital this april.. will tear the city down and find everything I need for my upgrades.... cheers