Slip on or full exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:46 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Slip on or full exhaust??

Hi guys.......is there much difference between a slip on compared to a full exhaust system besides the price? Do you really get much more performance with a full system compared to a slip on. Cheers! guys and thankyou in advance for any info.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Slip on or full exhaust??

If you let the bike at 250cc I would go with just a slip on. And if you plan a 300cc or 331 bore go full exhaust system. You will probably loose too much low end with a full system at 250cc.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:06 PM
1st Gear Member

a lot of it depends on how and where you ride. if you do a lot of tight single track then a slipon is better. if you do more wide open high speed stuff thena full system is probably the way to go.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea I will be doing alot of highway travel..............to get to the dirttracks so I guess the full system is the way to go. Besides that I do alot of trips to and from work every day. I didnt want to pay big $$for the full system but I guess I'll have to to get what I want which is more power on longer rides. I will be adding a clarke tank for more fuel consumption.
Cheers!

Old 04-23-2008, 11:39 PM
1st Gear Member

i did the full muzzy and am VERY happy with it
took no time to remove old and install new
great sound and amazing power increase, especially after rejet

Old 04-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

the oem header is so tiny I just can't see myself leaving it on for a slip-on. the interior is even smaller than it looks on the outside. I'm seeing a full system in the future. the 13-tooth will offset any power lost down low.
cosmic- can you kind of give a description of the full before and after the 13-tooth?

Old 04-24-2008, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Just go with the slip-on, the header is a waste of money. Two guys I ride with also have KLX's have the full exhaust, same jetting, etc. as mine and our bikes are completely the same performance wise - low and top end. Even if you go with the 331cc jug I doubt you'd feel any real difference between the stock vs. aftermarket header IMO! Now if it was a 426 Hemi, I'd say go with the header!

Old 04-24-2008, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Maybe you are just a faster rider than them klx rider

Are you still lookin for a 600cc thumper? I saw a SWEET 00 ktm 640 with LOTS of farkles right around the corner from you and only asking $2,900 ..... hit me with a pm if you want the link...it won't last. It's real purdy. I luv that orange/blue combo.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:27 AM
1st Gear Member

No, I gave up on that idea. Brian did some kind of weird jue-jue on me and the next thing I know I ordered the 331 big bore kit - chah-ching! So now I'll be eating nothing but peanut butter sandwiches for the next 6 months!

Old 04-24-2008, 03:31 AM
1st Gear Member

ROFLMAO......and Ramen Noodles& Tuna Fish & Yucca.

I heard rattlesnake is good.....you remember my squirrel post. .. right... lol...just charm them rattlers to stick their head out on the trails.

We all can't be Rockerfeller NoBrakes.

Quick Reply: Slip on or full exhaust??