Slight water damage LOL

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Catie,

Ever since Deej posted that link to Craigslist I've wanted to hear the story. Whoever coined the phrase "life is stranger than fiction" was spot on. Hollywood has nothing on real life, if I'd have seen a similar event on a movie or TV show I would have thought "oh sure, that can really happen". Wow.

I'm really glad Ryan could exit, stage right, as the tree came down. Had to be a wild ride. Very sorry to hear that a not even broken in KLX250S was trashed in the process.

Would very much like to see you back on a KLX, so I have a proposal for our membership. I'm willing to send you $20, to the Catie Relief Fund, towards the purchase of a replacement bike. I figure if enough people are like minded we can at least get you started towards KLX number next. Jeez, 1172 miles.

I don't think of this as charity, as I can't even take my son to a movie for 20 bucks, and the story wouldn't be near as good. Rather, I prefer to think of it as a helping hand to someone who lived a Ripley's moment and lived to tell the tale.

Anybody with me here? Catie doesn't need to do anthing but provide a mailing address, I'll open the ball...

Last edited by Xerxes; 05-02-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Let's do it, whats $20.00. Can't do much more modding with that!

Old 05-03-2009, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Whaddya say Deej? Think you could get a mailing address for Catie? I could tell she was a bit hesitant to share her story at first but I'd think from the responses here she can tell that a lot of guys feel bad for her loss and would like to see her back on a KLX.

Talk about a freak accident, Act of God, whatever, it was a doozy. Maybe she won't mind if some of us would like to help her out.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 AM
1st Gear Member

That has to be one of the best stories i've read in a very long time lol. You couldn't bet on things like that.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Smile Catie Fund!

Hi Deej, I too would be willing to send $'s.
It was a KLX250 so $25 is more apt! Like the previous posters said you couldn't go to the movies for that & the story was better than a movie, what with all the visions it conjures up in the mind. Catie glad you & Ryan made it out safely & I hope this little project works out & you get a replacement ride (has to be a KLX though :-)

Old 05-04-2009, 04:33 AM

SOLD! Just a couple hundred shy of the listed price too.

To kind with the offers of cash towards a new KLX, I couldn't possibly accept that. So far out from being able to buy another bike still...I can atleast ride the 125 all summer.

It was a relief rolling it away. Like the book is finally finished...well, atleast that chapter

Old 05-05-2009, 01:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WRW - The White River Wrecker
SOLD! Just a couple hundred shy of the listed price too.

To kind with the offers of cash towards a new KLX, I couldn't possibly accept that. So far out from being able to buy another bike still...I can atleast ride the 125 all summer.

It was a relief rolling it away. Like the book is finally finished...well, atleast that chapter
Good for you and better luck to come. Thanks for sharing a most incredible story, complete with pix. Wait, Deej brought you here, and we know what he thinks about pix....(j/k Deej, well,um, not really....) They were great.

No need for you to be a stranger here, shoot, one of our mods doesn't even ride a KLX anymore.