Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
1st Gear Member
Default skimming a dirt bike over a lake at 70 mph

http://gizmodo.com/387604/skimming-a...fusing-physics

Old 05-06-2008, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: skimming a dirt bike over a lake at 70 mph

Wow. The second stunt was great too. How does anyone get up the nerve to start doing backflipswith their dirt bike. Unbelieveable...

Mike

Old 05-06-2008, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

That's crazy ****.........[sm=hail.gif]

Old 05-06-2008, 10:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Didnt like the water stunt (waste of a bike)but the backflip on the second stunt was impressive.
Cheers!

Old 05-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Man if the EPA saw that they would have a field day. I got a $495.00 ticket for just crossing a river on my quad back in the day, and that was a hydraulics violation. Even if you fished that bike out of the lake, and even if it was a private lake, all water leads to somewhere. I don't think I would be advertising that on the internet. But otherwise Cool stunt.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:47 PM
1st Gear Member

"hydraulics violation" .....[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 05-07-2008, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

"hydraulics violation" .....[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Yep that's what they put on the ticket. Its called that because of the potential for any kind of oils to leak out while in the water with a piece of machinery. In fact anytime loggers are working near or through water of any kind here be it a drainage ditch or a creek, or even if a power carriage is above a river and they arecarrying logs across, they have to get a hydraulics permit.

Didn't you guys hear the story about my ticket? Yea when I went to court to fight it, I took with me the local newspaper that had just ran an article about spraying WD-40 on your fish hooks, and hands to get rid of the human smell, well as soon as the judge saw that she looked at the game warden and then back to me and said, "how does $65.00 sound?" I thought for a split second hmmmmm from $495.00 to $65.00 I quickly said "sounds good to me." [8D] I know that if I was in a big city court I probably would have had to pay the big fine, but you gotta love your small town legal system.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Ohhh, I'm believing that's what they put on the ticket...lol

You know hydraulics is fluid dynamics right? The only way you could have a "hydraulics violation" is to have the bike adversely impact the level of the lake and affect a downstream damn....just sayin.

Btw..... arguing that others are contaminating legally worse than your illegal actions is never a good argument in a court of law.... just sayin.

Not that I know nuthin about it.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Well I was 19 and I though I was smart.[8D][8D][8D] Looking back I'm actually embarrassed but hey it worked right? But I have heard that even if one drop of oil goes into a water way, you can get into trouble, but Finger I learned my lesson trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about. Especially with you. You probably already forgot more than I will ever know. Hehehe peace man. Oh that reminds me I need to get a hold of DNR and let them know there is a lot of garbage up by my Geocache that I never asked permission to place there on state land.............Whoops[sm=guilty.gif] the Geocache not the garbage.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:18 PM
1st Gear Member

They had quads when you were 19?!

Quick Reply: skimming a dirt bike over a lake at 70 mph