skid plates

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Default skid plates

i'm looking to buy a skid plate for my bike. wondering what you guys would suggest? share pictures of your plates?

i like the ricochet, http://cgi.ebay.ca/Skid-Bash-Plate-F...#ht_1532wt_704

good price & looks great.
or is there better?

Old 06-16-2010, 12:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

I have the plate that at this link https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...highlight=Utah You can read up on there. I dont have any pictures loaded yet but it's super solid, bolts on nicely in minutes and covers everything, goes right around all the important stuff and the guy was really nice and extended the discount recently. It was cheap, good quality came right away, and makes me happy bouncing through rocks and such. Lots of guys on here have it

Old 06-16-2010, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

utah for sure. ive had mine sence about i got the bike, and have knocked the thing on everything thinkable. poped the wheel in the air and drop the bike on a rock even. i rode that trail 1000 times and it acted like it never happened really. ive bent it, but it still mount up perfict and has yet to let me down. it has lasted me a long time so i would bet money it will out last you as long as you own the bike.

Last edited by punkenduro09; 06-16-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I agree with punkenduro09, went with the Utah (Ricochet), good build quality and they even offer a discount to forum members here.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:09 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the Ricochet as well but it doesn't look anything like the one pictured above. That's gettin yer money worth!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

That there is one fine looking piece of quality equipment. I WISH mine had that much use... in 8 years or so! lol Oh and there seems to be a consensus here.

By the way punked... is that a fine quality piece of band gear I spy your plate is sitting on in the second picture? Do you play something?

Old 06-16-2010, 01:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Ricochet plate is good stuff, can't go wrong with this one.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey punkenduro - did you steal my bashplate?!!

Mine looked just like that.. But then I had it powdercoated so it looks all nicey nice again Hit it with an angle grinder first to smooth it out a bit.

But yeah, if you're riding off-road a bash plate is a must.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I went with a Works Connection skidplate on the KLX, but I do have a Riccochet (Utah) skidplate on my Husky. The WC skidplate is much larger than stock and better protection, but the Riccochet skidplate is thicker and offers more protection than the WC. Here is my WC skidplate:

Old 06-16-2010, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Im running the WC as well. Never liked the big wing style of the Ricochet as it looks like it would just get packed with mud. The U shaped bars off the frame do a very good job of protecting the water pump and case. You would have to get the bike in a pretty odd position to cause damage in these areas but I guess it is possible and in that case the Ricochet would offer more protection.

Another nice features of the WC:

Very well made - perfect fit - also comes with foam inserts to prevent mud from getting in between the skid plate & case.

Bolts are recessed so there is nothing to get hung up on.

Doesn't deter from the bikes styling.

Has taken a pretty good beating with no significant signs of damage. Will buy one again if this one ever needs replacing.

D

Quick Reply: skid plates