Since I don't know how to do the carb mods......yet

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Landon
I've been into the carb a couple times now, if you want a hand we could meet up sometime. I don't know what you have to work with buy I have everything needed, including a lift to get bike up to working level.
That would be good.....I would like to open it up and help the bike breath better and dynajet the carb. I am trying to stay with the stock exhaust.

Let me know when you have spare time to wrench on someone else's bike I can load the KLX up in the truck and head up.

Btw, I think I was in your neck of the woods on Monday.........I rode the VStrom up north this weekend and came back Monday.

Wish I was goin down to Madison with everyone.......I'll be down south with the wifey.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member

looks like this may work on my bars...have a bow crossbar for my steering damper...and, have short levers already...the ninja 250r levers are direct replacement for the klx250s/sf

Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski
I don't Know if these are any better, but I tried. You might want to consider the barkbusters that were mentioned.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski
That would be good.....I would like to open it up and help the bike breath better and dynajet the carb. I am trying to stay with the stock exhaust.

Let me know when you have spare time to wrench on someone else's bike I can load the KLX up in the truck and head up.

Btw, I think I was in your neck of the woods on Monday.........I rode the VStrom up north this weekend and came back Monday.

Wish I was goin down to Madison with everyone.......I'll be down south with the wifey.
You might order a kuoba screw to put in while we have the carb off also.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Pics of the clamping arrangement of the Barkbusters VPS guards on the SE bars. I had purchased some guards from cyclegear but just couldnt make them fit. I chose the VPS guards because I like they way they looked and fit on DYNOBOBS klx.
Although the pictures dont show it, my bike has uncut, stock levers.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea that mirror is a must have