Since I don't know how to do the carb mods......yet

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 03:50 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Since I don't know how to do the carb mods......yet

I decided to spend my day off bolting on some of the parts I've collected.

Pro-Taper SE CR High
MSX d-Flector Hand Guards.
Grips
Double Take Mirror
Ram mirror bracket ball mounts.

Before......

After........

I wanted a new bar so that I could stand better when riding. The Pro-Taper bars are an inch wider than the stock bars too......I cut a 1/2 inch off each sie.

The MSR hand guards were a SOB to get on and level. I also had to deal with fitting the bars around the master cylinder on one side and the clutch cable on the other. I even did some surgery on both levers.

Double Take mirrors are excellent.

So, while I'm reading about carb modifications, I'll just keep on with the bolt ons......and riding.

I think I'm going to do the rear fender mod, but before I spend the money on the tail light kit I am going to try this guys free mod. Check it out. http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/628...n-signal-tuck/

Last edited by TheBigLebowski; 04-27-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:09 AM
1st Gear Member

DUDE, I love that movie lol.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member

better pictures of the msr hand guards clamp'd on the bars?...haven't tried that brand, but found it impossible with other hand guards to be put on my protaper bars...

Old 03-14-2012, 04:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666
better pictures of the msr hand guards clamp'd on the bars?...haven't tried that brand, but found it impossible with other hand guards to be put on my protaper bars...
I'll get some better pics. These wouldn't have worked for me if I hadn't shortened the levers.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Lebowski,
Good to see someone else trying out the doubletakes. I have one and it's taken a beating. Great mirror to use on the trail and not worry much about it. I notice mine gets a bit of vibration at higher speeds and so the view is not he clearest. Also, at over 60 I really need to clamp down on the arm or the air velocity will push the mirror back.

Nice job on the work. And good to hear your reading up on how to do the carb before jumping in. There's an okay step-by-step that I used my first and second time in here: Kawasaki KLX 250 slip on - HMF Engineering Forums

Old 03-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I like the Ram Mounts. If you are in a state that requires only one mirror or you are off road, they work great for the GPS mount too.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Barkbusters VPS BOLT RIGHT ON to the pro-taper SE handlebars w/ the BB.STD mounting kit.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whyzee
Barkbusters VPS BOLT RIGHT ON to the pro-taper SE handlebars w/ the BB.STD mounting kit.
That would have been good information to have had...........if these bend up or need replacing I will check in to those next time. Thanks.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666
I don't Know if these are any better, but I tried. You might want to consider the barkbusters that were mentioned.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 AM
1st Gear Member

I've been into the carb a couple times now, if you want a hand we could meet up sometime. I don't know what you have to work with buy I have everything needed, including a lift to get bike up to working level.

Quick Reply: Since I don't know how to do the carb mods......yet