Signing out.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 10:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jacksonriding7
I would interpret this as 2 Kids... 1 Wife = No Money...
That's it, I always liked that one. I could use the same screen name
Ahh... moneys not everything.
Dan

Old 06-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stellar_d
Your migrating away from the orange and black attack??? I could never do it. I'm going to run mine into dust. Or it will run me into dust, one or the other.
Not completely. Most folks know I've drooled over the new Husabergs since they came out in 2008. Then 2009 got FI. 2010 got more improvements including the FE390. Supposedly there's a Husaberg gag order until Monday - some big announcement or something, maybe announcing specifics on the 2011 models. Rumor has it 2011 will be street legal versions, similar to the KTM EXC's.

At any rate, I'm leaning toward the FE390. Being a Husaberg, it's still owned by KTM, so more like KTM's secret skunkworks R&D arm. A lot of parts and tech and feel of the ride are similar to the KTMs. In fact, they are made in the same factory.

If I can haggle a good deal, pull in some favors from someone who knows someone, and so forth, I may be on one by fall.

It's not perfect, there's some things about it that I don't like, but the things that I do like more than make up for its short comings. IMO. I have yet to ride one, though. I hope to rectify that soon. I'd like to ride the 390 and 450 back to back, just to make sure the 450 wouldn't be my preference, but I think the 390 will suit me better.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

And besides, still have my son's 200 XC-W smoker that he "lets" me ride any time I want, such as the last hare scramble race a few weekends ago.

Yo, 2k1w=no$, see what you'll be missing if you leave? Lots of pointless banter and vanity photos. You know you'll want to stick around even if you happen to ride a different color bike. Er, let me rephrase that. WE want you to stick around even if you happen to ride a different color bike.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Well OK, since were going to brag about the new bikes we're getting. Here's my next ride. Once I get it, I plan on putting on taller bars. Of course I'll have to stand up to reach, but I'll look cool??? Right???
Name:  IMG_4352.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  137.5 KB

Good looking bike there Brian. That 390 sounds like it would be just the right size engine.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Not completely. Most folks know I've drooled over the new Husabergs since they came out in 2008. Then 2009 got FI. 2010 got more improvements including the FE390. Supposedly there's a Husaberg gag order until Monday - some big announcement or something, maybe announcing specifics on the 2011 models. Rumor has it 2011 will be street legal versions, similar to the KTM EXC's.

At any rate, I'm leaning toward the FE390. Being a Husaberg, it's still owned by KTM, so more like KTM's secret skunkworks R&D arm. A lot of parts and tech and feel of the ride are similar to the KTMs. In fact, they are made in the same factory.

If I can haggle a good deal, pull in some favors from someone who knows someone, and so forth, I may be on one by fall.

It's not perfect, there's some things about it that I don't like, but the things that I do like more than make up for its short comings. IMO. I have yet to ride one, though. I hope to rectify that soon. I'd like to ride the 390 and 450 back to back, just to make sure the 450 wouldn't be my preference, but I think the 390 will suit me better.
I heard that Husaberg will be coming out with a direct injected 2 stroke for 2011. It is also reported that it will not have the "normal" expansion chamber that we are all used to on a 2 stroke.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:09 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 06-06-2010, 05:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Well OK, since were going to brag about the new bikes we're getting. Here's my next ride. Once I get it, I plan on putting on taller bars. Of course I'll have to stand up to reach, but I'll look cool??? Right???

Good looking bike there Brian. That 390 sounds like it would be just the right size engine.
Oh, oh, here comes Dan, hide your daughter

Old 06-06-2010, 12:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Put a Chargers cheerleader on there and you're in business. Not to shabby looking.

Anyway sorry to highjack the thread. Thanks for the clarification of the name! I'm pretty sure that's the formula to the meaning of life! I'm at 1k1w1KTM=(-)$

Old 06-07-2010, 04:50 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stellar_d
Put a Chargers cheerleader on there and you're in business. Not to shabby looking.

I rode one today. The bike, not the cheerleader. I'm lucky, but I'm not *that* lucky. lol

The bike ... all I can say is wow. WOW!!!

I've had my eye on these since they came out in 2008. In 2009, they got EFI. I rode one around the pit area at the hare scramble today, just goofing off a little bit, but enough to know this thing is amazing. The FI and throttle response is unbelievably good. Raise the front in any gear on the demand from idle with a blip of the throttle, and will lug all the way down to hell and back without skipping a beat. It felt very light and maneuverable, too. This is how every bike should be. Once again ... Wow!

Old 06-08-2010, 04:21 AM
1st Gear Member

sweet. i've always wanted to try the fuel injected bikes since they started rolling out. takes the fun (or lack there of sometimes) out of playing with jets....but i'm assuming you could probably buy a performance chip of some kind for these?

So when are you making the switch? Any idea if there's a plated one?

Quick Reply: Signing out.