Show off your KLK lair/ man cave

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 04:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Those tiny molded trailers are great. Usually built like a coleman cooler for insulation and built structuraly like a clamshell with two boats welded together. Very easy to keep leak free compared to a traditional rubber roof setup. Also more aerodynamic since they're smooth.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:14 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by debby
TNC, did you upgrade? I thought you were sleeping in a minivan. I saw one of those Casitas recently and they're pretty nice. I'd have to buy a truck that could pull it though. All I can pull with my RAV4 is a little utility trailer.

And does your KLX fit under that camper shell? Doesn't look like it would fit!

Debby, no man cave!
Yeah, on trips to far off places...Moab, SoCal, CO, etc...I camp out of my van while pulling a homebuilt motorcycle/untility trailer. That Casita stays parked year-round out at our off road club's place SW of town. The bike trailer and the KLX are parked off screen left. I mainly took this pic for the humor of the sign. I now have a more permanent sign...LOL! The My minivan is a Chevy Uplander based on the Impala...3.9 engine and trans...and it will pull the Casita fairly easily since the van is rated to pull 3500lbs.

Not a man cave? Well, it stays put like a cave. I've converted it to one comfy bed and lots of shelves. The wifey does not come out to this camping and riding area with me. The problem with the man caves in some of these pics is that the wife is usually only a few feet away, ready to interupt a man's Fortress of Solitude, and she's able to come out and inspect how many new toys you've purchased...LOL!

I believe the description given in the original post was "private", "concealment", "seclusion", etc. Heck, there's a lock on the front gate of the property that even my wife doesn't have a key to...LOL! The term "man cave" was mainly invented for guys who are married and need a place to "get away". That pretty much describes mine. Guys who aren't married don't need a man cave. They have a home or apartment.

But in all seriousness, I've been married to the same great woman for over 37 years, and she gives me plenty of room. No complaints here. I think the basis of this post was mainly just to see where most of us do our hanging out with our toys. I have a small shop building full of mountainbikes, a KLX, tools, lots of tool, more tools, and a few more tools....but I never really considered it a man cave for some reason.

Debby...I'm assuming you're of the fairer sex...you may not be qualified to classify what is and isn't a man cave...LOL!...in fun, of course.

Last edited by TNC; 09-17-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Debby...I'm assuming you're of the fairer sex...you may not be qualified to classify what is and isn't a man cave...LOL!...in fun, of course.
You assume correctly. Hence no "man cave" for me. I could have a she-cave, I guess. Any men who enter without being invited risk getting clubbed and dragged around by their hair!

Was curious how the KLX fit with your truck and Casita. Answer: it doesn't!

Debby

Old 09-18-2011, 03:11 AM
drm
1st Gear Member

TNC, did you upgrade? I thought you were sleeping in a minivan. I saw one of those Casitas recently and they're pretty nice. I'd have to buy a truck that could pull it though. All I can pull with my RAV4 is a little utility trailer.

And does your KLX fit under that camper shell? Doesn't look like it would fit!

Debby, no man cave!
dont the smaller scamps and casitas weigh less than 2k lbs? Your RAV4 should be able to to pull that...

I would like to have one of those behind my outback

Old 09-18-2011, 02:28 PM
1st Gear Member

It probably could, but I'd be pretty much maxed out on towing capacity with the trailer and wouldn't be able to take the bike.

Somebody down the street from me has a 10 ft. Scamp. Really a cute little thing. Looks like they should be pretty water-resistant with the clamshell design, too. Water leakage really destroys conventional RVs.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up

Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 AM
drm
1st Gear Member

It probably could, but I'd be pretty much maxed out on towing capacity with the trailer and wouldn't be able to take the bike.

Somebody down the street from me has a 10 ft. Scamp. Really a cute little thing. Looks like they should be pretty water-resistant with the clamshell design, too. Water leakage really destroys conventional RVs.
Yeah, the scamp looks like fun. I wonder if one could mount a hitch hauler on the back of a camper for the klx.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:34 AM
drm
1st Gear Member

@buerkltucson
That's a nice home for your bikes. Is that a ss pedastel for the wing?

Old 09-19-2011, 11:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by drm
@buerkltucson
That's a nice home for your bikes. Is that a ss pedastel for the wing?
Thanks.....not sure why the pictures look so yellow, it's not that way.

It's a plate for protecting the floor when on the center stand. 900Lbs bike ya know.
Leaning against the wall is a Pit Bull lift..........nice for changing tires or other maintenance chores like suspension on either bike.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

My old cave.... old nighthawk also

old CB750K

current cave

Quick Reply: Show off your KLK lair/ man cave