Should I..........

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Should I..........

Well, I have decided to go the thrifty route with my exhaust on my new KLX. I've put a shout out for a KLX300 exhaust system on TT and CL. I really just want the muffler but would take the whole system. I then plan to pair it up with a FSW black anodized header and remove the butt-plug. I think this will be awesome and should fit likea factory installed system. I want the muffler to keep it's stock appearance with the shiny metal wrap around it but think the black header will look cool with the red/black of the '09. I just hate the thought of spending $300-$400 on any exhaust or go with the HMF which is terrible fitting. The FSW header is $154 and the oem 300 muffler I've yet to find one but can't imagine paying too much for it. When the butt-plug is removed, it sounds good but not too loud either. Probably like my DRZSM sounded when I removed it's plug.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

What? No almighty BIG GUN?

lol.... someone had to do it... j/k

Old 04-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

it's not out of the question quite yet. don't tempt me.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Buy the HMF, why spend the money on a more exspensive one. I mean it's a $4000 dollar plastic throw away motorcycle. You already lost a grand on it. So to me why spend so much more on maybe a little better can.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Beardoge

Buy the HMF, why spend the money on a more exspensive one. I mean it's a $4000 dollar plastic throw away motorcycle. You already lost a grand on it. So to me why spend so much more on maybe a little better can.
when did I losea grand on it? did someone mysteriously buy it from me that I didn't know about and I only got $3700 for my new '09?
why NOT buy the HMF? cuz it's fit sucks and I like things to look good and fit perfectly. The stock 300 muffler and a FSW header will outperform any slip-on alone and for a fraction of the price.
the HMF alone will be more than my "thrown together system" I have planned.

that's whereyou and Idiffer. I won't settle for mediocrity which is where I think the HMF is and what the majority of this forum thinks it is if you go back and reread posts about the pipe. I think you have the '09 KLX confused with some chinese bike for being a "$4000 plastic throw away motorcycle". Perhaps you bought the chinese dirtbike and someone told you it was a KLX and you believed them? I dunno.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

If I were you, I'd just get the Big Gun. You were happy with it on your '06 and you know you'll like it the 2nd time around. And besides, the Red EVO X will match your red '09.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh, but he can't crow about the ceramic coating anymore unless he boughtone used.[8D]

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

If I were you, I'd just get the Big Gun. You were happy with it on your '06 and you know you'll like it the 2nd time around. And besides, the Red EVO X will match your red '09.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:44 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Oh, but he can't crow about the ceramic coating anymore unless he boughtone used.[8D]

sad to see that you're still up to your childish antics.

Brian- thanks for the intelligent and mature response which I expect from you. But I'm trying to be more open minded about this and trying a less than mainstream approach to an exhaust. Anyone including me (I did), can just order up an exhaust system and bolt it onto my bike and be like everyone else. But if I can find a 300 muffler, pair it with the already mentioned FSW header I think it would be less than ordinary while at the same time probably making just as much power as any other system out there. I appreciate your honesty though in me being happy with the BG and you're right I would be but it wouldn't be any different and to me, that's boring. That's the reason I chose the new KLX over the old- I like both but wanted something different this time.
Don't get me wrong, I still the BG kicks **** and they sound tougher than Reed's 450- okay, maybe not that good but awfully darn good.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:11 AM
1st Gear Member

This sounds GOOD.
SEE LINK
I had to add THIS too. Makes me proud to be british.

Two nil to Europe I think.[sm=badbadbad.gif]

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Oh, but he can't crow about the ceramic coating anymore unless he bought one used. [8D]

sad to see that you're still up to your childish antics.

Brian- thanks for the intelligent and mature response which I expect from you. But I'm trying to be more open minded about this and trying a less than mainstream approach to an exhaust. Anyone including me (I did), can just order up an exhaust system and bolt it onto my bike and be like everyone else. But if I can find a 300 muffler, pair it with the already mentioned FSW header I think it would be less than ordinary while at the same time probably making just as much power as any other system out there. I appreciate your honesty though in me being happy with the BG and you're right I would be but it wouldn't be any different and to me, that's boring. That's the reason I chose the new KLX over the old- I like both but wanted something different this time.
Don't get me wrong, I still the BG kicks **** and they sound tougher than Reed's 450- okay, maybe not that good but awfully darn good.