Should I..........

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member
Default Should I..........

buy an HMF slip-on? I got a gift certificate from fourstrokeworks.com for 10% off anything because today is my birthday. I can get one for $204 from them. I really don't like the HMF because it has had issues with fitment and it is also a little portly but it is a cheap way to get an exhaust right now.
who here has gotten one of these lately and can you comment on how it fit the bike? I guess if I really don't like it, I could sell it pretty easily. Pics would be cool too. thx

Old 04-24-2008, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Should I..........

If you really don't like the HMF then don't get something you wouldn't like anyway. Save some more cash and get what you really want, it makes all the difference in the long run and can actually save you money when you think about it. Up to you though.
Cheers!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

it's not that I don't like the pipe itself, I just don't know if the fitment issues have been resolved. I just want to run a bolt from the hanger to the hole, no spacer. A spacer is an excuse for poor engineering imo. BigGun is supposed to be bringing out a slip-on for the KLX250S. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Hey thanks for the reply. The offer is kind of tempting- a slip-on that will add sound, lose weight and probably add minimal power for a little over $200 is quite enticing indeed. I drilled my first baffle yesterday, and to be totally honest the thing doesn't run too bad for what it is right now- basically all stock with a 13-toother.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Go with the HMF! I love mine and yes, you might have to add a little spacer when mounting (geez, if you guys can't handle that I don't know how your going to even handle putting decals on your bikes). The muffler is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship and is built to handle the rough stuff! Good luck with your decision.

Of course, I also love spending time in the garage covered in grease working on my bikes. Tweaking the setup, adding farkles, fixing minor problems, etc. I find it just as thereputic, relaxing, medetative, and satisfying as the actual ride.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

with the redesigned rear fender on the 09, there might not be a clearance issue.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Name:  CROWBAR.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  9.1 KB

Old 04-24-2008, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

I'm familiar with that tool

Ya know how people complain about the passenger foot peg with the Muzzy.....my foot peg works just fine with the Muzzy, it took just a little more bend. lol

Old 04-25-2008, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Travis,
That's a great buy on the FSW pipe. Jerry does first class work too. You may already know this, but it will be a bit louder than some...probably about like your Big Gun was. For the money though, the FSW pipe is the deal.

I am happy with the FMF Q4 on my bike. I replaced the Muzzy with it because it was quieter, which it certainly was. I got a bit more hit above 8,000 rpm, which was a nice bonus. But, the FMF costs more.

Hope I've helped.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Old 04-25-2008, 03:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey where did you get that crowbar. I have a nice collection but none are that nice
Oh ya go for the HMF.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:48 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shadetree

Travis,
That's a great buy on the FSW pipe. Jerry does first class work too. You may already know this, but it will be a bit louder than some...probably about like your Big Gun was. For the money though, the FSW pipe is the deal.

I am happy with the FMF Q4 on my bike. I replaced the Muzzy with it because it was quieter, which it certainly was. I got a bit more hit above 8,000 rpm, which was a nice bonus. But, the FMF costs more.

Hope I've helped.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma
it's actually for the HMF I'm talking about, the slip-on.

Quick Reply: Should I..........