Shop can't fix my bike, what's next

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:09 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Shop can't fix my bike, what's next

I actually put in 1.5 liters on my first oil change and it was well above the sight glass. Now I don't even pay attention. 1 full quart and let it run for 5 minutes, cool for 5 minutes and get it close to the line. Just shy of 8000 miles and still going.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@].....I would make it my life's mission to bad mouth them, even standing on the street cornerwith a sign telling everyone that drives by what a bunch of idiots they are.
roflmao.... kick up a flare

Old 03-13-2008, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

So the sagga continues. So i brought the bike home a couple days ago and rode the bike maybe 5 miles at the most. Then today I went out to ride it a little just to make sure the last day wasn't a fluke. Well, the bike started right up with no problem and runs great, BUT as I was riding i got about 1 to 2 miles from my house and my bike started getting wobbley. I look back at my rear tire and it is losing air, not fast but enough to notice and feel like I had no control. I get home and find that the rear tire's stem is leaking. The stem nut was tightened down pretty tight and the "inner stem" was tight as well. When I loosened the stem nut the leak slowed, but the tire isn't holding air. Just a coincidence, i hope so, but I am less than pleased so now I have to take the bike in to get the rear tire fixed. Holy hell this is getting old. Should I be su****ious?

Dave, is this something you can help me with or should I call South Valley and get the bike in to get that tire fixed?

Old 03-13-2008, 05:08 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

this is probably unrelated to the other 'saga'. tires are very succeptible to leaks/punctures and it happens quite often. did the shop work on the rear wheel at all? if not, it may have a puncture somewhere. see if you can locate a nail or something. sounds like a great opportunity to invest in a heavy-duty rear inner tube.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thats why i do everything my self.... its a piece of cake to take off the rear tire and replace/repair the tube. good luck.... take it to a different shop if you dont do it yourself.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Huh? "Stock 125 Jet?" It comes with stock with a 118.

ORIGINAL: dacoontz

I did go in and talk some more with the service manager who seemed like a decent guy, to be honest. I told him I wanted all my stock parts back and he gave those back to me. Then I asked if he had a 122 main jet laying around that I could have, and he said he would look for one. He came back with a 118, 120 and the stock 125 jets and gave them to me without charging me for them. Now, i know the 122 may be the best but I felt like he was trying to work with me. He said he didn't know the snorkel had been removed which I think might be untrue since he heard the bike run. But either way, I figure they still owe me about $50. This manager guy (Preston) seems to be trying to make things right but you guys think I should be persistent. I mentioned to him that I was considering talking to the utah consumer protection agency so i think he knows i am serious. Like I said before, I am happy to have my bike back and running and I know that Dave is going to help me out to rejet the bike anyway so may be I will just let it go and stop spending anymore money there, but I will definitely tell everyone to stay away from that store.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i think he meant kawi part

Old 03-13-2008, 12:43 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm not sure what was in it anymore, I just know he handed with those three msin jets when I left. So how big a deal is it to get the back tire off the bke, meaning the chain and stuff?

Old 03-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

loosen the back axle nut, slide the axle out, push tire forward to get chain off sprocket and its off.....

Old 03-13-2008, 01:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Any tricks when puting the tire back on?

Quick Reply: Shop can't fix my bike, what's next