Shop can't fix my bike, what's next

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Shop can't fix my bike, what's next

Pretty safe bet that it's not jetted right with a 115 and 32 and no snorkel it will be pretty lean even at 4,400ft.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay. But we'll get her tuned in once that damn big gun gets here. I'm going to call South Valley today and order that KDX snorkel and any other jets i might need.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ya dont need the snorkel, i took mine out.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:17 PM
1st Gear Member

I use the KDX snorkel, I don't like the droning intake noise you hear with the snorkel removed, it's even worse with the lid off.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

So let me get this straight, they took three weeks to "fix" it and then they charged you for what should be warranty work, and they didn't really tell you what they did and on top of that they kept parts with out telling you? I think a call to the BBB is in order. That shop needs to be educated in consumer rights. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] Tear them a new one for all of us. Don't back down. Don't worry about offending anyone, because you should never buy or have anything worked on from or by them ever again. I would make it my life's mission to bad mouth them, even standing on the street cornerwith a sign telling everyone that drives by what a bunch of idiots they are.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Deric,
The Utah Consumer Protection Agency is actually a very well run operation, I have already spoken to Daniel about filling a complaint with them, the BBB will be a good way to twist the knife a little further.

I had a run-in with this dealer years back, they tried to keep a deposit I left on a motorcycle after reneging on the price and jacking up their already exorbitant assembly and DOC fees, the consumer protection agency had all of my money back to me in 3 days.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:09 PM
1st Gear Member

I did go in and talk some more with the service manager who seemed like a decent guy, to be honest. I told him I wanted all my stock parts back and he gave those back to me. Then I asked if he had a 122 main jet laying around that I could have, and he said he would look for one. He came back with a 118, 120 and the stock 125 jets and gave them to me without charging me for them. Now, i know the 122 may be the best but I felt like he was trying to work with me. He said he didn't know the snorkel had been removed which I think might be untrue since he heard the bike run. But either way, I figure they still owe me about $50. This manager guy (Preston) seems to be trying to make things right but you guys think I should be persistent. I mentioned to him that I was considering talking to the utah consumer protection agency so i think he knows i am serious. Like I said before, I am happy to have my bike back and running and I know that Dave is going to help me out to rejet the bike anyway so may be I will just let it go and stop spending anymore money there, but I will definitely tell everyone to stay away from that store.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:36 PM
1st Gear Member

the starter doesnt even turn over the engine? or it does and theres its not catching... i'm a little confused to. just for giggles, maybe you should empty the oil, MEASURE 1.5 L put it in. Put the bike in second, pull the clutch run and pop that baby... coudnt hurt, i mean the manual says 1.5 also try an pull a gas line to the carb and see if shes gettin any gas flow... who ever assembled the bike maybe dropped something in the tank? i dont know, but when it comes from a sketchy dealership, theres sketchy problems, and sketchy answers... just my 2 cents.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

so it seems most of you guys actually measure how much oil you put in.... i just go by the sight glass on the motor... i put 1.25 quarts in then start it let it settle and then fill it up the rest according to the sight glass.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pie4foou

the starter doesnt even turn over the engine? or it does and theres its not catching... i'm a little confused to. just for giggles, maybe you should empty the oil, MEASURE 1.5 L put it in. Put the bike in second, pull the clutch run and pop that baby... coudnt hurt, i mean the manual says 1.5 also try an pull a gas line to the carb and see if shes gettin any gas flow... who ever assembled the bike maybe dropped something in the tank? i dont know, but when it comes from a sketchy dealership, theres sketchy problems, and sketchy answers... just my 2 cents.

???

Quick Reply: Shop can't fix my bike, what's next