Shop can't fix my bike, what's next

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Shop can't fix my bike, what's next

Even with warranty work you should get a reciept saying what was replaced and something showing what you paid 77$ for... Thats BS...

Old 03-11-2008, 12:51 PM
1st Gear Member

" sounds a lot deeper?"Hmmmmm...I'dPull the seat and check the air box opening. I doubt they could do that by messing with the stock exhaust.

ORIGINAL: dacoontz

Woo hoo, got my bike back. Talking to the manager seemed to help. They said they changes out the main jet and pilot jet and now it starts very easily, for now. They seem to think rejetting the carb and making it more altitude friendly was the solution. Although I bought the bike here in Utah so i am not sure why it wasn;t that way to begin with. It sounds a lot different. It sounds a lot deeper, like they did something to the exhaust with out telling me. There isn't anything that I can see that is visually different though. So what do you guys think, I am being fed a bunch of bull ****? Oh and it did cost me $77, which I talked them down from $115.
Thanks for the feedback and support with this. Now i just need to see how it works after having it back for week or so. Then to put on the new exhaust and rejet and put on the 13t front sprocket.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 PM
1st Gear Member

They did give me a work ticket/reciept but all it shows is a price list for a Jet-pilot, #32 and Jet-main #115, and then carb clean/rejet which they said they ad to at least charge me 75 for even though they didn't charge me anything else for labor. So maybe giving Kawasaki a call directly will do something or maybe not. Hell, it's worth a try. I have gotten a lot of free credit over the phone with Sprint by simply calling and bitching so I am well prepared for the challenge.

What do you guys make of the deper sound coming from my bike? Can rejettng the carb cahnge the sound of the bike that much without doing anything to the exhaust? The guy there just kept saying, it'll get better when you put on that aftermarket exhaust and the stock exhaust really holds these bikes back (which I already knew). But I couldn't help but think that maybe he already did something to it.

Oh well, I am just hapy to have my bike back, but i think it's supposed to snow here in the next couple of days, it figures. Sorry, should put that in the OFFICAL bitch section, my bad.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

so they upped the pilot from a 28 to a 32..... and went from a 118 main to a 115? the main shouldnt have anything to do with it not starting....wtf..... id call kawi.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

at a higher elev there is less air so it runs rich then? so the main makes sense, but that shouldnt make it not start, they didnt change it that much...[&:]

Old 03-11-2008, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

They downsized both the pilot and main jet for the 4,400ft elevation here in SLC.
My stock pilot was a #35 and the main was a #118, South Valley Motorsports offered the high altitude jetting free of charge to me when I pourchased the bike but I declined.

Changing out the main and pilot isn't going to make the difference between the bike starting and not and different jets will not effect the sound of the bike, these jokers did something else (probably minor) and won't admit what an easy fix it was after keeping your bike so long.

Plaze Cycle is notorious for being a **** poor place to do business with, now that you've already paid it will take an act of congress to get that $77 back.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Like Tremor said, I'd pull the seat and see if the snorkel and airbox lid are still in place.
That'll definitely change the sound.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

So I'm at 300 ft, are my 132 and 40 about right? I mean it runs flawlessly, up to about 3000 ft and then it looses a little power and has a hesitation, but how often do I get up that high right?

Old 03-11-2008, 05:26 PM
1st Gear Member

The key to jetting is: once you get it running perfect the numbers on the parts stop mattering much; unless you just want to reminisce.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Son of a........Tremor you were right, my snorkel is gone, what the hell. I pulled the seat and presto chango no snorkel. THose tricky bastards. I'm calling after my exhaust gets in and I am going to hrow a major S H I T fit. I am okay with the change just a little pissed that they didn't let me in on the secret. Plus I want my stock snorkel back, and stock jets, and whatever else is missing. Also nothing done with the exhaust. Although I haven't fully inspected the bike.

Quick Reply: Shop can't fix my bike, what's next