Shop can't fix my bike, what's next

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:16 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Shop can't fix my bike, what's next

ORIGINAL: dacoontz

That does sound a little squirrely doesn't it. I'll give them until Wednesday then pick it up, I have to work until then anyway. Damn onestar, that picture is distracting.
lol...

Old 03-10-2008, 12:53 PM
1st Gear Member

I hear ya, i think I am becoming that guy, but only every 3 days have i been calling.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i was so pissed that i was paying the monthly bill to own the bike and i didnt have it..... for 5 months..... stupid mullet man....

Old 03-10-2008, 12:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I know how that feels. The stupid thing is that i keep ordered **** from these guys like my exhaust, just got a new street helmet, maybe if i stopped giving this shop money than they would stop dicking me around. I learn real slow.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Daniel, I'm going to be a little direct here so don't take this the wrong way OK? You need to call the shop today!! Tell them you are picking up the bike today! Get the bike home and let us fix it for you. This is ridiculous.[:@] Did they even pull the plug to see if it was getting spark? Did they drain the gas and start with fresh including what is in the carb bowl? Pull your bike outta that shop NOW!!

You got nothing to lose by taking it home, tell them to call me directly. 360-640-2870 I'll give them an ear full. There is another shop somewhere else if we can't get the bike going. Shops like that don't need to sell bikes if they can't even fix a problem this simple. Or better yet how about if I call them myself? Let us know what you decide.

(Alright deej settle down...... sheesh)Sorry but its like someone is trying to take advantage of my brother, and if you think about it, they are.[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 03-10-2008, 03:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Daniel,
I told you Plaza couldn't fix it (when you told me they suspected a bad jet) and not to worry, load it up and bring over to to my house; I'm sure we can fix it.
Or I can have South Valley Motorsports look at it, I am friends with the owner (Doug) but I think they have a two week lead time due to the recent good weather.
South Valley has a new WR250X you should take a spin on.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Woo hoo, got my bike back. Talking to the manager seemed to help. They said they changes out the main jet and pilot jet and now it starts very easily, for now. They seem to think rejetting the carb and making it more altitude friendly was the solution. Although I bought the bike here in Utah so i am not sure why it wasn;t that way to begin with. It sounds a lot different. It sounds a lot deeper, like they did something to the exhaust with out telling me. There isn't anything that I can see that is visually different though. So what do you guys think, I am being fed a bunch of bull ****? Oh and it did cost me $77, which I talked them down from $115.
Thanks for the feedback and support with this. Now i just need to see how it works after having it back for week or so. Then to put on the new exhaust and rejet and put on the 13t front sprocket.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:54 AM
1st Gear Member

That's great! Sounds like they may have jetted it already for you, bonus. Ask them what's in it for jets. And don't forget to check your oil, too.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:36 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dacoontz

Woo hoo, got my bike back. Talking to the manager seemed to help. They said they changes out the main jet and pilot jet and now it starts very easily, for now. They seem to think rejetting the carb and making it more altitude friendly was the solution. Although I bought the bike here in Utah so i am not sure why it wasn;t that way to begin with. It sounds a lot different. It sounds a lot deeper, like they did something to the exhaust with out telling me. There isn't anything that I can see that is visually different though. So what do you guys think, I am being fed a bunch of bull ****? Oh and it did cost me $77, which I talked them down from $115.
Thanks for the feedback and support with this. Now i just need to see how it works after having it back for week or so. Then to put on the new exhaust and rejet and put on the 13t front sprocket.
okay, that's great they got it going. But, you need to know what they did to get it going. Since you are going to install an aftermarket exhaust you need to know the changes made to the carb. You'll probably need to make more mods to the carb slide and to adjust the air/fuel screw. And lastly, you said you were still within the one year warranty. So why did you have to pay anything for them to get it going? And why did you agree to pay as well? I'd be calling Kawasaki and complaining to them that this dealer jacked you out of $77 for warranty work. What were the $77 charges for?[:'(]dealers are all crooks.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:39 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Daniel, glad you got the bike fixed, I am sure it was frustrating to say the least. As was already mentioned, you need to talk to the mechanic and see exactly what was done. Its your bike and its your right to find out the details. As far as the warranty and having to pay a little, while its not right, I suppose complaining about it to them or Kawasaki probably won't do any good. Sorry man, them's the brakes sometimes. I guess it must have been that phone call disguising myself as a State Attorney representing you that got the job done huh?

Quick Reply: Shop can't fix my bike, what's next