Shop can't fix my bike, what's next

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Shop can't fix my bike, what's next

So I took my bike in almost 3 weeks ago and the shop where I bought the bike can't fix it. The acknowledge that there is one, but can't find a solution. They have been on he horn with Kawasaki and they suggested changing out the main jet, but that didn't solve the problem. I would like my bike back, but i do want it running when it is returned. I am still within my 1 year factory warranty. What happens next? Will they keep replacing parts or replace my bike? And can they upgrade parts, like the carb to something newer, if that exists or fits? I would assume that motorcycles are under lemon laws like cars being considered under the "vehicle" category here in Utah and if in the shop for greater than 30 days in the first year of ownership than they call it a lemon. I would like to keep my bike, but don't know if pushing for a new one or having them cahnge parts would be better or even an option. Anyone have any insight into this and how kawasaki deals with this sort of thing and if there is someone I should contact?

Old 03-08-2008, 02:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Shop can't fix my bike, what's next

Try EMS. I think he went through a hellacious spell with his bike. Maybe he will have some insight for you.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

You will have to check with your state laws for the lemon law. I am pretty sure here in PA motorcycles are not eligible for the lemon law. Sounds like its a pretty good time to be thinking about a pumper carb

Old 03-08-2008, 02:53 AM
1st Gear Member

It sounds like your dealer has inferior tech's working on it.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:10 AM
1st Gear Member

if the dealer doesnt know how to fix it and they are a kawasaki dealer then they should be in contact with kawasaki trying to find out what to do, and if its under warranty then you shouldnt have to pay anything they shouldnt be saying well lets try this there is only on solution to a problem, there shouldnt be a maybe. i took a bike i had in to get fixed and they couldnt fix it and i ened up fixing it myself.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:02 PM
1st Gear Member

I am pretty sure they will be covering the expense for the fix. I lso know they have called kawasaki two ro three times already. As far as getting a pumper carb, do you think that is something they would compensate me for, I would geuss no.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Sucks man..... sounds like something i went through, The one time i got my bike back it was still messed up and i called kawi and they said the only thing i can do is take it to a kawi dealer and let them deal with it, then i said "even if the kawi dealer doesnt know what the problem is" and he said yes..... kawi cant deal with people directly, what i did was took it back and said something was still wrong, and that the dealer needs to call kawi to talk to an actual kawi mechanic/tech to figure out what the problem was, previously the dealer thaught they could figure it out all by themselves.... NOT.... so once he called a kawi tech it got fixed.... for the time being, until the motor sucked an intake valve that was a "bad previous repair" according to Kawi. And No kawi wont put anything on the bike that isnt stock... i asked about putting the 300cc parts on... and they are even all kawi parts, but it didnt come stock, because it would have been a great time, i got a new jug, piston, head, valves, wouild have been a piece of cake to go to 300 but no.... and i even asked kawi for a new motor, no go.... they will just keep replacing parts till its fixed.... in your case, they may just put a whole new carb on it.... thats what i would ask for... I know how you feel, when i had my bike for 18 months it was in the shop for 5 of them..... sucks a big one... But luckily i found a dealer that actually has someone that knows what they are doing...... Hope this helps..

Old 03-08-2008, 02:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry, but I came in late. What is wrong with the bike? Mods, symptoms, etc? If you don't want to re-live it, I understand.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma

Old 03-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shadetree

Sorry, but I came in late. What is wrong with the bike? Mods, symptoms, etc? If you don't want to re-live it, I understand.

Bill Dragoo
Norman, Oklahoma
Is this the bike that won't start?

If you can't figure out the problem by checking the obvious, start back at the basics - compression, fuel, spark. Like Sherlock Holmes says, when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the answer.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Call around and find a dealer that sounds like they know what they are doing....PickUp your bike and takethat suckerto other dealer ...... kawi warranty will not care.

Quick Reply: Shop can't fix my bike, what's next