Seat Concepts seat kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stroker331
It appears that a person weighs so much that the person flattens the seat. The seat cover should be in leopard print...a distraction.
When you order ask for the safari themed seat cover, Zebra or Leopard, let me know what they say.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow thats a little much for just some foam and a cover. Maybe $69. you can buy the pop bottle bag mob from sport tour in cincinatti ohio. http://cycle-analyst.com/sweetcheeks.htm

Old 04-23-2011, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

I use a camelback!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:41 AM
JAC
1st Gear Member

Yes, maybe a bit steep in price for what you get but a bargain compared to a full seat. The sheer amount of pain-in-the-*** I'm NOT going to have is well worth the $159 to me. Here's hoping it works. I haven't had a chance to go on a long ride yet; bike season has just begun and the mountains around here are likely still snowed in.

Here are a few pics from today. I hosed it off and that's probably about as clean as it is gonna get this year! In side profile it looks pretty much the same as stock. From the rear, it looks a little wide but if you like them with curves in all the right places, you can really learn to appreciate such a 'hippy' silhouette. ( a la this... http://www.cloverleaf4.co.uk/images/uploads/20089.jpg, courtesy of moelopes in KLX HOTD)

It makes me sit up a little bit higher but I don't mind that either. Yes, I mean the seat...

Attached Thumbnails Seat Concepts seat kit-klx-new-seat-1.jpg   Seat Concepts seat kit-klx-new-seat-2.jpg   Seat Concepts seat kit-klx-new-seat-3.jpg  

Last edited by JAC; 04-25-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:08 AM
1st Gear Member

How you guys making out with the seat? Finally getting around to catching up to some mods on this thing - have it out of the box and directions ingested. They suggest an air stapler - anybody have problems using a regular staple gun? They also suggest stainless staples - I don't know if I've even seen any of those in a store around here. Any rust on regular staples yet? Is stock stainless? And call me crazy, but I'm going to try 2 sided carpet tape instead of glue.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

hand stapler will work

Old 07-03-2011, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Got this done yesterday too - did it while watching Red Buuuuddddd.

Don't think my stapler was quite heavy duty enough. Had to be real careful to get fully seated & supported & pushed on to get staples to go all the way in, had to do 3 or 4 twice. I used 1/4", same as stock, but likely would have gone with 3/16" if I had any. Ended up with a few wrinkles in the banana, even after warming in the sun before I started. Not any softer than stock, feels about the same squeezing the foam in your hands, but definitely more support. The riding I did after installing was on a butt already sore from a couple hours out in the morning - think it feels better though. Time will tell.

Name:  p_00253.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  81.3 KB

Last edited by ns503; 07-03-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ns503
Got this done yesterday too - did it while watching Red Buuuuddddd.

Don't think my stapler was quite heavy duty enough. Had to be real careful to get fully seated & supported & pushed on to get staples to go all the way in, had to do 3 or 4 twice. I used 1/4", same as stock, but likely would have gone with 3/16" if I had any. Ended up with a few wrinkles in the banana, even after warming in the sun before I started. Not any softer that stock, feels about the same squeezing the foam in your hands, but definitely more support. The riding I did after installing was on a butt already sore from a couple hours out in the morning - think it feels better though. Time will tell.

comfy huh?

Old 07-04-2011, 01:28 PM
JAC
1st Gear Member

I just realized that the pics I posted above in April don't show the seat very well. Too small.

I can now confirm that this seat is so much better than stock. I went for a 7 hour ride on Saturday and only at the very end was I starting to get a bit uncomfortable. And, that 7 hour ride was almost constant, butt in the seat stuff.

I used 5/16 staples and a regular heavy duty staple gun worked for most of it. There were a few misfires where the staple didn't go in all the way. When that happened I just pried it out and tried again.

As far as heating up to make it more pliable, I used a hair dryer. That worked fine. I managed to get it installed with no wrinkles and I'm thinking the hair dryer technique might be why.

Last edited by JAC; 07-04-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I just got my Seat Concepts kit for my '07 delivered today. I took it to a friend of a friend who has an auto trim shop and he put it on for me. It looks sweet and feels even sweeter so far. Of course it is raining and raining hard for the first times in weeks so the ride was short, but I will update when I put some more miles on it.

Attached Thumbnails Seat Concepts seat kit-july-2011-016.jpg   Seat Concepts seat kit-july-2011-018.jpg  

Quick Reply: Seat Concepts seat kit