Seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Seat

I think I will just stick with my "SPANK ME" towel Muhahahahahaha!

Old 12-14-2007, 07:53 AM
1st Gear Member

TMI. Sounds a bit too 'BrokeBack' to me

ORIGINAL: shaydara

I think I will just stick with my "SPANK ME" towel Muhahahahahaha!

Old 12-14-2007, 02:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Gents:
I have had Very good luck with Sargents.
http://www.sargentcycle.com/
They did my BMW and Ducati seats to my specs. Excellent work for a fair price.
Very fast service as well. Highly recomended.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:54 PM

ORIGINAL: tremor38

I've never tried that, but it brings to mind something I read about awhile ago and can't seem to find again. The product consisted of a bolster on either side of a piece of fabric which draped across the seat. The bolsters on each end effectively increased the width of the seat for those longer stretches of pavement, then you could just take it off once you reached the trails.

I sure wish I could remember who built it, because the price was pretty reasonable. You could probably make one by taking a towel and rolling-up each end until it was the right width.

I just use a soft towel folded over a few times for the trip back, its cheap its effective and when you park your bike you can just drape it over the seat to keep the sun off, works for me.
Cheers!
Tremor38 - I think you are talking about SWEET CHEEKS: "Sweet Cheeks is a temporary support device for Dual Sport riders wanting added comfort on the way to the trail. A simple, yet effective design. Sweet Cheeks is a seat cover that utilizes 2 liter soft drink bottles for extra support. It widens the seat area and supports your upper thighs."

http://cycle-analyst.com/Sweet_Cheeks.htm

It has gotten some good feedback on various boards - probably worth a try for $30.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:11 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DJFields
Gents:
Thanks for the link DJ, the Renazco seats just seem way too pricey to me, but I may give sargent a shot at my ktm adv seat.....as far as the klx goes......I like the 2x4...it's meant for wet an dirtyoff road riding not being comfy. Just stand on the pegs more. btw no way in hell I'd spend 4 bills on a seat for the klx......a pumper carb, big bore or kickstater...well ya.

Now if my klx was a sm like tremors....I may be lookin for a comfy seat.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marathonman

ORIGINAL: tremor38

I've never tried that, but it brings to mind something I read about awhile ago and can't seem to find again. The product consisted of a bolster on either side of a piece of fabricwhich draped across the seat. The bolsters on each end effectively increased the width of the seat for those longer stretches of pavement, then you could just take it off once you reached the trails.

I sure wish I could remember who built it, because the pricewas pretty reasonable. You couldprobably make one by taking a towel and rolling-up each end until it was the rightwidth.

I just use a soft towel folded over a few times for the trip back, its cheap its effective and when you park your bike you can just drape it over the seat to keep the sun off, works for me.
Cheers!
Tremor38 - I think you are talking about SWEET CHEEKS: "Sweet Cheeks is a temporary support device for Dual Sport riders wanting added comfort on the way to the trail. A simple, yet effective design. Sweet Cheeks is a seat cover that utilizes 2 liter soft drink bottles for extra support. It widens the seat area and supports your upper thighs."

http://cycle-analyst.com/Sweet_Cheeks.htm

It has gotten some good feedback on various boards - probably worth a try for $30.
That's it....thanks. I don't remember it being called 'sweet cheeks' though..LOL! That could be the answer for a lot of people who have long stretches of pavement ot cover before getting to the trails. I decided on a more permanent solution since I use my motard almost exclusively on pavement.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I don't notice it much in the twisties, but the stocker becomes a torture device when I go touring. If I rode in more dirt, I probably would be happy with the stock seat though.

For those of you who keep saying '4 bills,' it's only '3 bills' for the vinyl covered Renazco, which is not much more than most Corbins cost and aheck-of-a-lot more comfortable. Not everybody opts for the suede covering ('4 bills'), unless they are flilthy rich like Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

ORIGINAL: DJFields
Gents:
Thanks for the link DJ, the Renazco seats just seem way too pricey to me, but I may give sargent a shot at my ktm adv seat.....as far as the klx goes......I like the 2x4...it's meant for wet an dirtyoff road riding not being comfy. Just stand on the pegs more. btw no way in hell I'd spend 4 bills on a seat for the klx......a pumper carb, big bore or kickstater...well ya.

Now if my klx was a sm like tremors....I may be lookin for a comfy seat.