Seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Default Seat

Anyone heard rumors of a Corbin for the KLX250 ? The seat is one of my few complaints about the bike. On the dirt roads and trails it is OK because I can move around.....But an hour of blacktop riding and..........ouch !!!........my old butt is killing me.

thanks

Old 12-12-2007, 12:00 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Seat

I haven't heard of any rumor of a Corbin seat, but Renazco Racing (www.renazco.com) will re-do your seatpan to your specifications. It's $300 for vinyl, $400 for suede or leather. I don't have one, but my riding partner put one on his DRZ, he loves it.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Renazco builds great seats.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:18 AM
1st Gear Member

That may be a quality job but $300 to $400 hurts my *** more than the seat!

Old 12-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

$400 for a seat????????????? You could buy a full Muzzy for that. or exhaust system of your choice.[8D]

Old 12-12-2007, 07:08 AM
1st Gear Member

No aftermarket seats are available for the KLX from stateside. I tried a seat from a Japanese company called 'Daytona' and came away dissapointed. I do a lot of slab riding, so the seat is very important to me. It's no fun when you can't enjoy the scenery do to severe azz pain.

I ordered a seat from Renazco.They will buildmy seatnextweek. I opted forvinyl ($300) since my bike sits outside in thesummerand Ifind dew on the seat every morning.

The importance of a good seat willvery from person to person depending upon how they use it. This seat will be worth every penny to me. In retrospect, I wish this would have been one of my first mods.

I you wan't to stay on the cheap, a good pair of bicycle shorts will make adifference.

ORIGINAL: maxrates

Anyone heard rumors of a Corbin for the KLX250 ? The seat is one of my few complaints about the bike. On the dirt roads and trails it is OK because I can move around.....But an hour of blacktop riding and..........ouch !!!........my old butt is killing me.

thanks

Old 12-12-2007, 10:35 AM
1st Gear Member

I just use a soft towel folded over a few times for the trip back, its cheap its effective and when you park your bike you can just drape it over the seat to keep the sun off, works for me.
Cheers!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:10 AM
1st Gear Member

I've never tried that, but it brings to mind something I read about awhile ago and can't seem to find again. The product consisted of a bolster on either side of a piece of fabricwhich draped across the seat. The bolsters on each end effectively increased the width of the seat for those longer stretches of pavement, then you could just take it off once you reached the trails.

I sure wish I could remember who built it, because the pricewas pretty reasonable. You couldprobably make one by taking a towel and rolling-up each end until it was the rightwidth.

ORIGINAL: shaydara

I just use a soft towel folded over a few times for the trip back, its cheap its effective and when you park your bike you can just drape it over the seat to keep the sun off, works for me.
Cheers!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

No aftermarket seats are available for the KLX from stateside. I tried a seat from a Japanese company called 'Daytona' and came away disappointed. I do a lot of slab riding, so the seat is very important to me. It's no fun when you can't enjoy the scenery do to severe azz pain.

I ordered a seat from Renazco.They will buildmy seatnextweek. I opted forvinyl ($300) since my bike sits outside in thesummerand Ifind dew on the seat every morning.

The importance of a good seat willvary significantly from person to person depending upon how theyuse their bike. This seat will be worth every penny to me. In retrospect, I wish this would have been one of my first mods.

If you want to stay on the cheap, a good pair of bicycle shorts will make adifference.

ORIGINAL: maxrates

thanks

Old 12-12-2007, 03:24 PM
1st Gear Member

No thanks on the price I will make my own.I made the one for my Honda atv with a pro-pad gel insert and memory foam and an air stapler i had rusting away in the garage.If you are a handy man it's pretty easy and it only cost me 87$....It allows me to ride 180 miles off road and sitting on the 4x4 so i won't gripe.I'd love to get a renazco but i just can't agree with myself on the price....
some links for the DIY guys.
http://www.thepropad.com/
you would want kit-6013 SMALL for the klx seat.I'd also recommend using another layer of memory foam over the smoothing layer foam.you may have to shave the entire seat down 1/4" for this but it is very easy to do with a rasp or a cheese grater with a curve to it.

Quick Reply: Seat