Scat - How About an Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 AM
Default Scat - How About an Update

Scat,

Since you kind of got the spring thing started, how about an update?

I was talking with John today and he is kind of happy the way the whole exercise has turned out. He is stocking most springs for the KLX250S now, so unless you belong in the "Security Squad" why you should be able to call and order them directly from him.

So, how do you like your bike now that you've set the suspension up. Would you do it once again? Any changes?

Old 11-29-2006, 07:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Scat - How About an Update

Sorry for the delay on responding,with the snow we have had here in the PNW work has been very busy and I have had little time to check recent post. Now as for the spring work that i have done to the KLX... It was well worth the investment for me. I am a 250 pound rider so the stock set up was to soft for my heavy frame. I felt I could have damaged something in the stock setup even when i had set to max compression I could get to bottom out[:@].

After install of the new springs I had set the clickers to base settings that are listed in the manual and went and did some trail riding.
First thoughts were what did I do to my bike it feels like sh@$. The front end was washing out the back end would wash out it was a hand full. After gettting the compression and damping set up it now rides like a dream. Very happy. Would I do it again you bet I would its a night and day difference. I had a chance to ride duvallgolds bike before he did his spring work and I had forgotten how soft the KLX was in stock form. I did not like it [:'(].

All i did was springs but duvallgold installed springs and new valves. So maybe he can comment on that. Working with John at motopro suspension was a good experience he seemed very knowlegdable.