Saturday Ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Saturday Ride

I hooked up with Hardtaco today. He just got his KLX on Thursday and he showed me around a little up in his neck of the woods.

Hardtaco:

After being blind folded and knocked unconcious, he took me to his top secret proving ground. I have no idea where I was. After we got there, the first thing he showed was this cool hill - man that thing is steep! And fun, too. Remember, this is central North Carolina (I think), we don't have many hills.

Then he showed me this hill. It was even steeper, and loaded with rocks. That one was fun too, if maybe a bit hairy. We both made it up no problem.

Here's the view from the top:

Minor gear problem, pack strap melted in half by the head pipe. Just look at that shiny new KLX, no dings or scratches (yet).

More of the top secret area:

Hardtaco wheelies:

Ok, this is the top top secret training ground. Lots of twisting single track in here. I got a little throttle happy and ping ponged off a few trees. These photos don't show the tight trails. I really gotta cut my bars down.

How come it's always the innocent looking puddles that try and swallow your bike?

It was a real fun day of riding. Not sure how many miles, I think maybe I had 70 miles or so on the odo. I came home cold and tired and my wife had a hot fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies made. Mmmm. Doesn't get much better.

Hope your day was as good as mine.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Saturday Ride

sweet!!!!! looks like fun... im going out tomorrow.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Awsome!! Dosn't look very top secret though, unless you two ride it like.. 4 times a day.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like ya had fun,we also went riding out here in Oregon,but the rain came as promised made for a slippery and muddy day,yahooo.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

another fine group of pic's brian. i'm envious asmy season is basically over cause i'm not fond of the frigid temp's. the weather had NC at 61 degrees so what's with the coat?

Old 11-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Actually it was high 30's when we left this morning around 10 or 10:30 or so which was pretty brisk, especially the road sections which get a bit breezy. But it did warm up a bit later and the coats came of when we hit the single-track. I had a fleece liner and a gore-tex shell and I removed the liner around 1pm or so I guess it was. Josh shed his coat at the same time.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

I also had a good time today.....it was fun to get the klx out in some twisties and see how she behaved. With some good tires, sprockets and handguards this will be a fun single track bike. The spot referred to as top secret is ridden alot, just by the brotherhood of single track and harescramblers only though

Old 11-18-2007, 02:09 AM
1st Gear Member

i wear lots of layers too. it's the hands that get it the worst. even with the shields on my bark busters my hands froze last weekend.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:44 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331

i wear lots of layers too. it's the hands that get it the worst. even with the shields on my bark busters my hands froze last weekend.
For a guy that rides like a bat out of hell, I would have thought that you ride425 days a year!!!

I use the moose Monarch Pass Gloves all winter long and my hands stay TOASTY... They are wind and waterproof and come with a zipout cuff for added wind sheilding... GET SOME!!!!!

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/prod...FamilyId=16380

Old 11-18-2007, 03:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Aw man, that's blatantanimal abuse! Look what you did to that suede! I'm sorry, Sir, but this is out of my hands now. I'll have to forward this to James Renazco and let him decide your punishment.

Nice pics! Thanks.

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Quick Reply: Saturday Ride