Sargent Seat Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 01:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I am pretty sure I am a 'tard LOL

Here is the super fast reply I got from Dane and the R&D dept. @ Sargent:

"I checked out the forum coverage and I think what may be the issues with gap and right side wiggle is that he has the mounting bracket on one side, inside the body panel and the other sides mounting bracket on the outside of the body panel. Both mounting brackets should be over, or on the outside of the body panels. This is a very snug fit for a reason and there should be no room for wiggle if the brackets mounted properly on the outside of the body panels and the screws snugged.

With one bracket on the inside and one on the outside, the seat will virtually sit off center and could cause both the gap issue and the wiggle issue"

This is more than likely the problem. I guess next time I should not install things at midnight after a 6 hour ride..

Again.. amazing customer service at Sargent.. can't emphasize that enough!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:36 PM
1st Gear Member

OOOOKay, I just ordered mine black, topstitch no welt wooohooo

Old 07-20-2011, 01:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by T_i_G_e_R
OOOOKay, I just ordered mine black, topstitch no welt wooohooo
You are not going to be disappointed!
This seat ROCKS!
I can't wait to do another 350+ mile day trip now!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:57 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matasickle
Customer Service: 10/10 (Dane - the rep is the man! Leaps and bounds above Corbin's "customer service")
I only contacted Corbin once years ago regarding some issue/question and I remember the guy talking to me on the phone for an extensive amount of time, so my exerience with Corbin customer relation has been good, albeit the tiny sample size.

As for Sargent, I emailed them with a question right after the time they had announced that the seat is ready. I know they got the email because I got the autoreply stating someone will be replying. I never heard back from them. I found out why when I saw on this forum that they fu<ked up and it does not fit the 2006/2007 edition as originally promised. I think the right thing for them to do was to at least reply to the email and to tell me that they fu<ked up and that it would not fit my bike. Instead they just decided to blow me off since they can't sell me a seat anyways. This is very short sighted as I currently have five bikes, have bought tons of bikes and accessories before, and will continue to do so. In fact, just currently, I was trying to decide between the Corbin and the Sargent for my Ducati 900SS, no question I will be ordering the Corbin. A lot of companies will have great customer service when everything is A-OK, it's how they respond when they make a mistake is when you truly know how good their customer service is. All they had to do was just reply and to tell me sorry it does not fit, and my opinion of them would have been totally different. I rather at least hear from someone that is rude than get totally blown off.

Anyways, congrats on your new seat Matasickle, I know you were excited about it and were anxiously waiting for it.

Last edited by FM_Thumper; 07-20-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FM_Thumper
I only contacted Corbin once years ago regarding some issue/question and I remember the guy talking to me on the phone for an extensive amount of time, so my exerience with Corbin customer relation has been good, albeit the tiny sample size.

As for Sargent, I emailed them with some questions right after the time they had announced that the seat is ready. I know they got the emails because I got the autoreply stating someone will be replying. I never heard back from them. I found out why when I saw on this forum that they fu<ked up and it does not fit the 2006/2007 edition as originally promised. I think the right thing for them to do was to at least reply to the email and to tell me that they fu<ked up and that it would not fit my bike. Instead they just decided to blow me off since they can't sell me a seat anyways. This is very short sighted as I currently have five bikes, have bought tons of bikes and accessories before, and will continue to do so. I was trying to decide between the Corbin and the Sargent for my Ducati 900SS, no question I will be ordering the Corbin. A lot of companies will have great customer service when everything is A-OK, it's how they respond when they make a mistake is when you truly know how good their customer service is. All they had to do was just reply and to tell me sorry it does not fit, and my opinion of them would have been totally different.

Anyways, congrats on your new seat Matasickle, I know you were excited about it and were anxiously waiting for it.
Always good to have multiple perspectives!
That is very strange that no one got back to you.
The bolded statement is very true..

Old 07-20-2011, 02:10 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matasickle
Always good to have multiple perspectives!
That is very strange that no one got back to you.
The bolded statement is very true..
The funny thing is, the email was asking about the effect of the seatheight on my '06, they never replied but someone on this forum posted telling me that the website has been updated and that they now list the seat height.

At that point, the website still included the '06/'07s I believe. It was only after someone posted on this forum that it does not fit the earlier bikes did I notice that they "quietly" changed the application on their website.

Both times, I got the info I needed from someone on this website.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:29 PM
1st Gear Member

@matasickle: did you notice a difference in the seat height? This one is supposed to be an inch shorter but I suppose it depends on where you sit.

Mine is due in today.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Even Serpents Shine
@matasickle: did you notice a difference in the seat height? This one is supposed to be an inch shorter but I suppose it depends on where you sit.

Mine is due in today.
I noticed no difference in seat height. The seat is advertised as being 1" shorter but I suspect because it is wider, your legs hit the ground at the same point.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bcliff
I noticed no difference in seat height. The seat is advertised as being 1" shorter but I suspect because it is wider, your legs hit the ground at the same point.
I'm with bcliff.. I did not notice any difference..

Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Rode it some more at lunch.. this seat is worth every penny.

Quick Reply: Sargent Seat Review