Saddle Mnt singletrack vid

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Saddle Mnt singletrack vid

Afternoon session yesterday in eastern washington. Kick *** singletrack trails that link up everywhere along with some testy hill climbs. I shot some head cam on this groovin, light uphill line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB9tENu3nhM

Old 11-06-2010, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool, where abouts is that in washington?

Old 11-07-2010, 01:39 AM
1st Gear Member

single track like that is the best. the last good tracks i road were near big bear, starting to get out to the desert, then wraped the shifter around the food peg .

Old 11-07-2010, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member

predy kol lik tht typ of stf

Old 11-07-2010, 03:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Saddle Mnt is located next to the small agricultural town of Mattawa Washington. This is about a 2.5 hour drive from Seattle on I-90 in pretty much the center of the state. It sits aside the Columbia River. Google earth it and check it out. The riding is northwest of the town up on the plateau but south of the ridge.
If you go be sure to check out the huge wind farm just a bit more east on I-90 and if there is a concert playing at the Gorge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gorge_Amphitheatre
it's a pretty cool place as the sun drops behind the stage.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like a ton of fun! Pretty good drop off there at the start of the vid.
Thanks for posting it up.
what camera are you using?
Dan

Old 11-07-2010, 02:04 PM
1st Gear Member

I bet it's even steeper in person, isn't it? My avatar is a desert trail that is so steep at the top, your front and rear tires are on the verge of locking up...and you're picking up speed anyway. You'd better pick a decent line as you go, and stick on it...because you ARE going down RIGHT NOW.

Those trails remind me of the desert I ride in...without the rocks! I bet submerged rocks in that softer terrain can really sneak up on you, though...sort of like those in our washes. Thanks for the view!

Last edited by Blackheart58; 11-07-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice video. Looks like a fun ride.

Have you thought about putting out a video without the musical enhancement? Just letting that lovely engine note sing the song?

Old 11-07-2010, 04:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey glad you guys enjoyed the riding stoke. Yeah, Dan888 first I came down that trail at a pretty good clip the other direction and was watching the terrain drop off into r/x rated zone with big wide eyes. But I stopped at the bottom to turn around and shred it back up for the fun factor. Before i turned on the cam was the steeper, messy crux, I figured if i washed out my rear to the right on a loose rock it could get ugly quick... better to be not in pile of rocks and klx parts with the cam showing the sometimes blurred difference of risk management and stupidity. lol.
BHeart58 near the start of the vid you can see two hills in the background, the footage is climbing to just shy of the top of the left hill. The whole trail is more uphill than it looks but not drastic. Aside from the obvious wheel eating boulders and some small areas of softballs, baseballs and coals most of the trails i rode were like an ugly lady with build makeup heavily applied - Smooth till you you scratch it off.
The cam is a Go ProHD (helmet not moto kit) the non-glue mount with the two webbing straps attaches tight to your visor in under 30 seconds. I recorded at the setting below HD. But i have to admit the HD setting is eye melting kick ***.
cheers

Old 11-07-2010, 05:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Where were you i relation to the Hanford monument area? I was just there outside the monument about a mile east of the big antennas. Saw tracks there just below the road.

Last edited by rbarchi; 11-09-2010 at 01:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Saddle Mnt singletrack vid