Rough running 06 KLX 250

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 04:43 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Midnightminer
Thanks Dave,
I don't know if I can cancel the order from yesterday. I could call tomorrow. Is the part number the same as I listed? Man, why didn't I think about asking one of you guys? Anyhow, let me know and I will try to cancel it. If you can mail it to me that would be great,it would still get here before the other even arrives at the dealer. my email is steves@smsmithco.com if you email me I will send you my address.

This site is awesome. Thanks.
If I'm not mistaken, David wouldn't have replaced this item with a DJ kit or otherwise. The needle, yes...not the needle jet. This part that was missing from your carb isn't a normally serviced part by any routine jetting that I know of. Sounds like it might have been the victim of a serious cleaning session and just got misplaced.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:36 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs down TNC is right

I Apologize, I do not have That part.

Sorry
David

Old 11-12-2010, 03:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the thought David! I will wait on the truth is stranger than fiction part that I still can't believe it is missing! I am very anxious guys, and now it is snowing! lLooks like I will have to head to Death Valley for a week of riding when I get this thing going. HA! Thanks again.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:30 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Midnightminer
Thanks for the thought David! I will wait on the truth is stranger than fiction part that I still can't believe it is missing! I am very anxious guys, and now it is snowing! lLooks like I will have to head to Death Valley for a week of riding when I get this thing going. HA! Thanks again.
Death Valley...man, some of the most fun riding I've had has been in the Death Valley and Anza-Borrego areas of SoCal. Great winter riding.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:00 PM
1st Gear Member

The sorry update. My needle jet almost arrived today. Instead...what I got was an envelope that contained the empty part bag and my receipt for 30.14. The parts guy said I put it in the mail yesterday and the post office says: the machine sorter ate the part, sorry, it should have been in a padded bag. To bad, so sad. So once again I am at square one. Does anyone have one of these laying around? Part#16017-1439, needle, jet. Disappointing to say the least! Now I wait some more.
OH yeah, the dealer said he would get me another for 1/2 price this time. Now I am up to 45.00 for the 3 grams (if that) of brass.

Bummed in the UP of Michigan.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:04 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Should have gotten a Kouba screw.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:55 AM
1st Gear Member

I think the kouba screw goes into the bottom of the carb to adjust the fuel for idle. The part I'm missing is under the venturi tube that the main jet screws into. I certainly could have bought the kouba for less than this piece of junk is costing me. I ordered the new part again! Death Valley is looking pretty far away right now. Maybe a new thread on riding in the Valley is about to spring up!

Old 11-19-2010, 03:41 PM
1st Gear Member

the dealer should credit you.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Latest update. Finally got the mystery missing needle jet and installed it tonight. Bike started right up and runs smooth! Finally! I set the fuel/idle screw out 2 turns and it seems right. Unfortunately the snow is now getting to heavy to ride. Now to think about upgrades after the traumatic effects of the carb issues wears off. Anybody have a set of dirt bagz and brackets for sale for a 06 klx. How about slip ons or xtra jets or needles? Thanks.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats and nice job. Good eye finding that piece missing.

David

Quick Reply: Rough running 06 KLX 250