rough day!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:53 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: rough day!

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

Stewart needs his *** kicked, he's too cocky. Reed will beat him straight up before the years up, Reed is tons smoother than Stewart and he's consistent. Had he not washed his front out tonight, I think Reed could have made a stronger showing than rusty Ricky. I think Villopoto or whoever will beat Stewart next year if he moves up. Stewart is extremely fast, but over time will only be remembered for not being able to beat RC. Of course McGrath back in the day would have lapped Stewart and laughed in his face. Don't get me wrong, I like Stewart and think he's the fastest guy out there currently. But he's reckless and won't last as long as the likes of RC, Mc, or Rick Johnson. Imo, he's just not smooth or consistent enough and there's always someone faster than you- always. Just my .02.
Reed is a great rider, but RC and Stewart are phenomenal and Reed never stands a chance unless RC or Stewart go down. Reed is lucky most of the time to be there when someone else falls. Reed fell this past race and was nowhere close to RC - RC just breezed past Reed like he was standing still and so did Stewart. Even RC can't catch Stewart. What is amazing to me is that even the lappers out there are amazing riders and would put any of the locals to shame on 99.99% of MX tracks in this country. But next to Stewart, RC, and Reed, they look slooooow and are mostly just lappers that get in the way. And Reed is usually 20 or 30 seconds behind Stewart so he is pretty close to being lapped himself lots of races . Reed always has an excuse for why he isn't running up front - nursing an injury, mouth full of sand, whatever. Several races he even got the hole shot, but he can never keep it because Stewart passes him in the 2nd lap.

Regarding Stewart being overconfident, I think I might agree that he needs a reality check, but I think he got one race before last when he was showing off during the pre-race and did an endo while doing a stoppie, and then made a stupid mistake during the race which cost him 1st place and he finished 5th after leading the whole race. But even with that screw-up he still has a healthy points lead in the series.

Who knows what the future may hold, but if Stewart can remain relatively injury free, he'll go down in the history books just like RC, McGrath and others.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:17 AM

villapoto is gonna give a stewart a hard time when he moves up. he was throwin down lap times faster than some of the 450's at anaheim { i think thats where it was } and hes on a 250. he's gonna be really good. hey maybe kawasaki will be 1rst and 2nd in the championship when he moves up

Old 02-27-2007, 04:03 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

RV is definitely a top guy. Some of his lap times were faster than Reed's. I think he is going to spend another year in the lites, though.

Oh, bummer about your ride. Slap on some K760's, aka, Trak Master II's and you'll hook up a lot better!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:16 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Stewart won here at the Houston Supercross a couple weeks ago.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-27-2007, 06:03 AM

Ya Stewart is the fastest out there now! Reed won't beat him unlessBubba is having a problem. He does ride harder than most and passesaggressively (a little too aggressive sometimes)but he is still not riding a 100% all the time. He wreaked a couple of weeks ago and still came back and beat RC! He was the only one jumping over the tabletop in Atlanta! (that's longer than a triple) everyone else(even RC and Reed)was making two or three jumps out of it.

Sorry for the thread jack kawirider I will be lookingforsome new tires soon I am still running stock and they are getting low on tread. I want something that will get over slick rocks better. I am sure that will make a big difference when riding with other people.