Rockin' it out - A Ride, er, Play Report

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Rockin' it out - A Ride, er, Play Report

Today, HardTaco, Metty, and I cut some more trails in a scrub area you might remember from my "Hot Lap" video:

http://www.vimeo.com/4266506

We found a cool rock, so HardTaco was determined to make it part of the course:

It was great. Here's me, try 1, that was ok, but not terribly exciting:

Try 2, let's make up for try 1 and get some good wheely action on this one, yeah baby!

Only problem was, about 1 second after the above shot, I looped the old girl, and she ended up in a nearby tree with the front fender curved under and the bars tweeked. Josh said the rear fender folded backwards to the seat like russian gymnast. Fortunately, no unsightly white creases in the plastics and all the electrics worked fined, I thought they may have pulled free, but everything held fine and you can't even tell, not even a crease. Sweet! Don't worry about me, my camel bak broke my fall. A few knocks of the front wheel against a tree to straighten it out, and I'm ready for round 2.

Round 2, made several passes:

Not sure how I managed this one, I couldn't perform this balancing act again if I tried:

I pulled the rip cord and jettisoned to safety to the right. HardTaco said he didn't know I could hop like that. The old man still has a few tricks up his sleeve, son. :lol3

Whew, I'm tired, someone else's turn.

HardTaco gives is a go, I cut off his head, sorry man:

Then Metty decides to join in:

Over the bars, woops.

We had a fun day of play riding in the scrub pit. But we got soaked to the bone on the way home as the clouds opened up. The hot shower when I got home was great, not to mention the hot meal of burritos my wife made! It was a great day! Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Last edited by Nobrakes; 09-07-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:39 PM
1st Gear Member

That looked like alot of fun & Good times.
Thx for sharing!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

How come typos only become apparent *after* it is posted???

Old 09-07-2009, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

lol great post.

Hard Taco sure made that look easy......hows he like that ktm I spotted?

Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

He likes it a lot. He just got the suspension back and had it set up for him, says its real sweet.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the laugh. Those Endurocross guys make it look too easy eh!
Great shot.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

The rock was actually pretty easy, the above is just what happens when you have good traction, something to already pop the front up - big rock in this case, and then you "blip" the 450. I did the rock obstacle first while everyone else was going around it, and went over it about 5 times no problem before I handed the camera to Josh to snap a pic. Of course, once the camera comes out, people do stupid ****. I just wanted a little excitement for the camera - I got it. Josh said he wished he would have had it on video mode instead of single shot - that would have been entertaining. Lucky me, I guess, otherwise I'd be a youtube star about now. lol

It did get pretty sketchy when the rain started coming down, though and it turned slick.

Last edited by Nobrakes; 09-08-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

How much would you guys charge to help me layout a moto-X track and enduro course at the farm???? I've got a few rocks like that laying around plus a creek,plenty of trees. a skidsteer and a couple of tractors....maybe we could trade sweat equity for riding priveleges!!!

Glad to see that nobody hurt anything more than their egos...and glad to see that at least one of you has some serious protective gear for parts other than their head!

Rock on..!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

That's a tempting offer, kmac - we definitely need to get together. Where's your farm at again? Feel free to PM me. If it's not too far from where we are, I think we'd be happy to help out, I know I would anyway.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice!!!!

Quick Reply: Rockin' it out - A Ride, er, Play Report