Riding in the mud yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Riding in the mud yesterday.

Went out with a few guys yesterday. When i woke up there was 1" of snow then it melted and we still went out and rode. Just a few pics and larry got a video of me hill climbing.

YouTube - EMS Hill Climbing the KLX250.3gp

Old 04-03-2011, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Notice... no picture of me or my KLX250. They did not want me to make them all look bad!

That video is pretty good from my HTC Thunderbolt phone. I'm ipressed with its HD ability!

Old 04-03-2011, 03:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Damn its still that cold up there? I've had to run the ac for over a month now.

I hear ya Larry on the phone video, I recently got an htc evo the camera and video is waaaay better than I thought it would be.....if htc was publicly traded I would definately buy some of their stock.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Larry's up next
Looks like a good spot to ride. Did anybody make it up the hill?
Dan

Old 04-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

LOL coming back down sucks! i hate that part

Old 04-04-2011, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

No one but Eric was....um..... crazy enough.... yea, thats it... crazy enough to try it on a day that followed multiple rain days and had a morning of 1" of snow. You see, during these times, saner men will look at a hill such as this (you can not in any way tell how steep it is in video, trust me!) and say.... "I'll try that another day, when it is nice and dry.". But you see, you would have to know this EMS guy to understand. He was like this....
"Look at that there! Muddy, loose, rock covered hill that is near cliff like on the upper third! That is the hill that very few ever try to make, but you know what? I'm about to throw myself and this here KLX250 at that wall of death and see how things shake out! Larry....., Grab that there video camera...just in case this gets interesting!"
So I grab the video camera, encourage our buddy Eric as he throws himself at what may be certain death and say... Hey eric, no worries bud! The phone battery has plenty of juice in it to cover whatever happens next! Go get you some!!!!

And with that, insanity is set free to do as it will. Yes, Eric is a bit looney. But hey, it sure is fun to watch!

PS: I'll try that there hill! On a 70° sunny and dry day.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by larry0071
(you can not in any way tell how steep it is in video, trust me!)
I know zactly what you're talking about. A movie or still camera never shows how steep the hills really are.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:42 AM
1st Gear Member

It does suck that when your there looking at the hill, it is a freaking wall. You all stand around staring at it.... jaws hanging limp.... and you take a video or picture and go home to show what insanity occured that day and your wife looks at you like your nuts and says it is just a little slope. Now, you were there.... you know this hill would take hands and knees to get up........ and you know that to get as far as EMS did get.... he was in it for all he could. But the video... takes the thunder away in a way because it looks like a hill that could be made easily. Bummer.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by larry0071
No one but Eric was....um..... crazy enough.... yea, thats it... crazy enough to try it ......(you can not in any way tell how steep it is in video, trust me!)
Originally Posted by dan888
I know zactly what you're talking about. A movie or still camera never shows how steep the hills really are.
What they said!!! I've done lots of video and photography. It's really frustrating that cameras just DO NOT capture the steepness factor worth s***!

Old 04-05-2011, 04:10 AM
1st Gear Member

little more speed at the bottom you might have had that. nice video by the way.

Quick Reply: Riding in the mud yesterday.