Riding with the GoPro

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Riding with the GoPro

Got out for a nice ride yesterday. Strapped on the gopro and took off early in the morning. Pretty much every road I hit I've never been on so I had a blast. "New" roads + new pipe = FUN
It's better if you go to youtube and watch in HD

Old 07-29-2012, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice ride. Where in Kansas are you? I took a ride down to Manhattan (Tuttle Creek Reservoir) from Lincoln a couple of weeks ago. Here are a couple of photos. I am learning that if I want to find curvy gravel roads I need to ride near rivers.

Name:  TuttleCreekReservoir.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0690.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  221.0 KB

Name:  SWofLincolnNE.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  93.8 KB

Dan

Old 07-29-2012, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

You were very close to me. That 1st pic looks like a dead end rd I've been down. LMK if you ever get down this way again.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah that first one is a dead end (Crestview Dr/Lakeside Dr) off of Hwy 16 on the West side of the Randolf Bridge over the Tuttle Creek Reservoir.

The second photo I took Fancy Creek Rd off of Hwy 77 West and then I went North on N Otter Branch Rd, I think I took the photo somewhere on this road.

The third photo is just South West of Lincoln. I only took the photo there because the light was excellent.

I was going to do a ride report titled, "Not all of Kansas Sucks, but Nebraska still blows". It is really hard to find any interesting rides in this area.

Dan

Old 07-29-2012, 05:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Very nice!

Old 07-29-2012, 02:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for convincing me to get a GoPro and a big bore kit for my 250, been going back and forth on the big bore, but seeing you wheelie....that's what I'm lacking off-road...at least an easy twist of the throttle only kind.
I also need a camera to document a driver that tried to run me off the road, then into oncoming traffic(I had stupidly pulled up next to him on a 2 lane road to explain how uncool that was). He has since pulled over after he saw me point at him (and use some sign language, again stupid on my part) when I entered the PO lot. I guess there were too many witnesses to come over and whoop my ***. Oh well, had my phone ready anyway. Many people I've talked to have told me stories of this guy. Oh yeah he drives around with his name on the truck!
Sorry for hijacking. Seems I've had too much coffee, I should go do some maintenance on my bike and go for a ride.
BTW, that was a cool video, all the gravel roads around me seem to be forested so not as many wide open views like you've got. Kansas is the only state I haven't been to in the continental U.S. Not sure how since I've been all around it, those type of roads might be reason to finally cross it off the list.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member

all the gravel roads around me seem to be forested so not as many wide open views like you've got
[SARCASM]Yeah forested roads suck[/SARCASM]

[RANT]You know how fricken hard it is to find a tree in Nebraska. Don't get me wrong there are more trees now than when the pioneers came through. Nebraska City is the home of Arbor Day, you really prize what you lack. In fact the Nebraska National Forest is the largest hand planted forest in the World, granted they planted them in straight lines. Generally you will only find trees in Urban Areas or near streams. [/RANT OFF]

Old 07-30-2012, 12:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I like forested roads...

...it's just that it slows you down around corners when you can't see down the road. Being able to see around a corner let's you go faster, which you can't do up here in the woods, unless you like to gamble on the possibility of a logging truck not hogging the corner or worse, a moose just standing there.
Wasn't complaining about living in the woods, I was just gawking at the continuous views while Savage was JRA.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah I know, I was just being a smart ***. It is my one true gift. From my point of view it would be nice to have some topography and some forested roads, but as they say the grass is always greener or is it greyer.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fooswolf
[SARCASM]Yeah forested roads suck[/SARCASM]

[RANT]You know how fricken hard it is to find a tree in Nebraska. Don't get me wrong there are more trees now than when the pioneers came through. Nebraska City is the home of Arbor Day, you really prize what you lack. In fact the Nebraska National Forest is the largest hand planted forest in the World, granted they planted them in straight lines. Generally you will only find trees in Urban Areas or near streams. [/RANT OFF]
LOL The sign telling you that you are entering Nebraska on HWY 76 from Colorado says Nebraska , Home of Arbor Day. I saw that Saturday morning, and thought , what? I suppose you're right, some guy in the middle of the woods would never think , hey we need to save the trees.

Quick Reply: Riding with the GoPro