ride report as promised

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member
Default ride report as promised

will post in small pieces. long posts get error msg. took the klx to croom ohv area in central fl. for the second time last weekend. five mins. after arrival i sunk the bike and took in water. removed plug, hit the starter a few times, drained the carb, new oil and started her up after awhile. the klx sure takes some abuse.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: ride report as promised

forget it - error message twice already. i give up

Old 07-18-2008, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member

bottom line - bike is a champ, will be replacing rear tm tire soon. fmf system rocks, whoops are great now that i can kick it up a gear, lean back, hammer the gas and knock out a long section, pulling the front wheel up at will

Old 07-18-2008, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

suspension is fine stock but set up properly for a 140-150 pounder. would moto pro be that much of an improvement? tires i'm considering: michelin ac-10, maxxis desert IT, bridgestone ED rear. should i start a which tire is better thread?

Old 07-18-2008, 12:44 AM
1st Gear Member

i'm a complete IG addict so it hurts me every time he calls my beloved FMF powerbomb the powerjoke. it's real - no joke (although i'm sure all systems offer similar improvement). piping and jetting really opened the bike up. dosen't stick out too far, i had her on her side quite a few times with no damage.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: neanderthaler

i'm a complete IG addict so it hurts me every time he calls my beloved FMF powerbomb the powerjoke. it's real - no joke (although i'm sure all systems offer similar improvement). piping and jetting really opened the bike up. dosen't stick out too far, i had her on her side quite a few times with no damage.
I rode HardTaco's w/HMF + Powerbomb - it was very nice. He had the short-pull throttle, too, I liked that as well. Just needs an FCR (or Mikuni) + bore kit and that bike will be set.

My next rear tire is going to be a Pirelli MT16. I've heard real good things about it, but it is non-DOT, I'm just gonna take my chances. It's on order now. I plan to put it on when I get my Nuetech Tubeliss rear tubeless gizmo.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

i have the vortex throttle also. i'll keep sayin' it - between the throttle and the the jettting/piping it's not the same bike i bought. gearing=small improvements. these two mods=huge improvement. i don't care too much if my tire is dot or not.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:45 AM
1st Gear Member

front spring upgrade made a huge difference to me for the better. i weigh 180 (ya smartass's i put on a few pounds) and the .44's seem to be sweet for the level of aggression i dole out on the trails.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:46 AM
1st Gear Member

+1. The front springs on the 06/07are even too weak for a 140-160 pounder, IMHO. The moto-pro website calculates the stock fork springs to be suitable for a 107lb rider!

ORIGINAL: jsac

front spring upgrade made a huge difference to me for the better. i weigh 180 (ya smartass's i put on a few pounds) and the .44's seem to be sweet for the level of aggression i dole out on the trails.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

so just the front springs then, or check into a shock spring also?

Quick Reply: ride report as promised