Ride Report: Ich's Track

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 06:08 AM
Default Ride Report: Ich's Track

So I've done a loop on the track, its about 50% completed in length, about 70% finished on the parts we have pushed out. After riding it some, there is a need for some berms, a few jumps, and a little rock picking. Today, was the first time my cousin and I go to ride it semi seriously. In spite of some decent (for the area) rain storms and some massive mud, we rode the hell out of the track.

It should be really nice when it dries out, my poor slick stock tire SUCKED in the mud. The front was a washing out nasty mother of a sow. Im eyeballing those Kenda TrackMasters to see how they perform in the loose dirt, and muddy conditions. I also found a serious lack of power from my KLX, it simply could not find the power under 9K RPM. It bogged horribly, once over 9k RPM it would at least spin the rear tire and give me some zip. I've never had such a need for power, and have not come through at ALL from this bike. In its defense, it was packing a lot of extra weight with all the mud that had built up on it.

300 kit is higher on my wish list... Maybe bigger. Im also very annoyed with the stock rear blinkers, and at how cheesy they are put on the cargo rack. I go down... a lot. Im bending that crappy little weld a lot. One day... its going to throw in the towel.

In short, the track is a lot of fun. It will be nice to modify it, make it larger, and RIDE IT! I really want to wrench on my bike now. Starting from the tires up. It all needs to be changed.

Here's some Deej bait:

Old 07-11-2006, 06:45 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ride Report: Ich's Track

Now THAT's what a dirt bike should look like. Well done!

Old 07-11-2006, 07:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Awesome, I'm going searching for mud tomorrow!

Old 07-11-2006, 08:01 AM

Is there a reason I can't see that pic - just looks like a little grey square?

Agree about the blinkers/indicators though. They look terrible and I've bent that lilttle tab at least a dozen times now - not sure how many more it will take? Has anyone got a suggestion to remove/replace/relocate them? I'm going to get rid of the carry rack at the same time.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That aint right

Old 07-12-2006, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

do you know there is a recall on the blinkers. mine broke off becsuse of falty welds but I got a new rack out of it for free

Old 07-12-2006, 02:56 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IchWarriorMkII

Im also very annoyed with the stock rear blinkers, and at how cheesy they are put on the cargo rack. I go down... a lot. Im bending that crappy little weld a lot. One day... its going to throw in the towel.
I Luv it, at least I'm not the only one going down. [sm=tongue.gif] My track is mostly sugar sand so I haven't been having severe problems with the tail lights, but I do have a question to ask, whats the best way to get sugar sand out of the radiator fins after a nose dive into a sand dune. My buds say compressed air could damage something.

Old 07-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

pics of the track.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:24 AM

I only have some from a while back, Ill snag some more tomarrow night possibly.

this was long before the rains came along:

Old 07-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

I remember now, you were talking about your dozer skills. I bet it's turning out bad a$$, the right property for sure.
Not that I am an expert but try angling your blade in the direction of your turn and it will carve out the starting of some nice berms. In that first pic it looks like you got one started.
You guys have to post up same action pics on the track.

Quick Reply: Ride Report: Ich's Track