Ride Report 3/16/06 - Rocky Ridge

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Ride Report 3/16/06 - Rocky Ridge

I spent the day at our local OHV park Rocky Ridge near Slidell, TX

I didn't have anyone to take pics of me riding but here are some shots of the park. It's got every type of terrain you could ever want from wide open fields to deep woods on steep hills.

Wonder why they call it Rocky Ridge????

This is way steeper than it looks in this picture. Almost straight up at some points but the little KLX just chugs right on up.

There's a dry creek bed at the tree line that's full of fun trails and jumps.

Two years of drought not so good for the lake but good for riding! Lots of deep sand.

The little rock face in this picture is also way steeper than it looks. Almost straight up and a real challenge on the KLX. You have to hit it just right and then gun it when you're standing on the rear wheel at the top because there's another whoop just beyond the top.

This park is 56 miles from my house. I love the fact that the IMS tank lets me ride there, play all day, and then ride home.

Old 03-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ride Report 3/16/06 - Rocky Ridge

Awesome pictures man. I wish I could ride there. Hey what's that hanging down from you're license plate? Is that some sort of orv tag/permit?

Old 03-17-2006, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Cool pictures!!! looks like a fun place to ride..

Old 03-17-2006, 03:16 AM

WOW, Nice park that you have to ride on, VERY NICE!!! Now that you mention that Large tank again, I am really starving for one. Could you please post some step by step procedures on how to do it, since you have already gone through all the dos and dont's, I just would like to do the dos please lol. I would greatly appreciate it if you could do it, I don't think any other tank is going to be available too soon that will let us take the old tank off and just put a new one on with no modifications.

Old 03-17-2006, 06:04 AM

Great job on the tank install Todd! But you have more gizmo's, gadgets, and doohickeys on your bike than I can count no wonder your worried about crashing. You almost have as much stuff as a Honda Goldwing all your missing is the stereo! HA! HA! Come on man do you really need that GPS or are you planning on entering the Dakar Rally next year! Hey I'm just pokin fun at ya, good pictures hope your having fun. The bike is tougher than you think It's taken about 6 hard diggers one on top of a row of logs, and another 15 or so low speed crashes. Dont be afraid to throw it down(except if you have the stock bars on of coarse

Old 03-17-2006, 07:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Mines has the stock bars and I have dropped it a few times, only bent gear lever and broke a bolt holding the bark busters. Bars are fine

Old 03-17-2006, 08:14 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sdunne

Great job on the tank install Todd! But you have more gizmo's, gadgets, and doohickeys on your bike than I can count no wonder your worried about crashing. You almost have as much stuff as a Honda Goldwing all your missing is the stereo! HA! HA! Come on man do you really need that GPS or are you planning on entering the Dakar Rally next year! Hey I'm just pokin fun at ya, good pictures hope your having fun. The bike is tougher than you think It's taken about 6 hard diggers one on top of a row of logs, and another 15 or so low speed crashes. Dont be afraid to throw it down(except if you have the stock bars on of coarse
And I thought I was doing well to not put my Sirius satellite radio equipped tank bag on! I'm a touring bike guy at heart and I got's to have my gadgets! That GPS is a must for me but I usually take it off and put it in the pelican case when I'm riding off road. However, it's rock solid on that RAM mount and it did fine today.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:15 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Awesome pictures man. I wish I could ride there. Hey what's that hanging down from you're license plate? Is that some sort of orv tag/permit?
Texas state inspection sticker. Blah. It's bent up that way because the tire ate the first one.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:19 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: incabiker

WOW, Nice park that you have to ride on, VERY NICE!!! Now that you mention that Large tank again, I am really starving for one. Could you please post some step by step procedures on how to do it, since you have already gone through all the dos and dont's, I just would like to do the dos please lol. I would greatly appreciate it if you could do it, I don't think any other tank is going to be available too soon that will let us take the old tank off and just put a new one on with no modifications.
I forgot to post the instructions here. They're over on ADVrider.com

Old 03-17-2006, 02:31 PM

Great, thanks for posting that, now I have to order the tank.

Quick Reply: Ride Report 3/16/06 - Rocky Ridge