rick mayer custom seat sale 1/2 price in oct.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 02:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default rick mayer custom seat sale 1/2 price in oct.

Check out www.rickmayercycle.com He is doing dual sport seats for half price through Oct. 31. Normally priced at $419.00 they are priced at $209.00 (vinyl) till the end of the month. ($35.00 shipping) He is looking at December build dates right now. Send him your seat when your build date comes up and you'll have it back in 10 days. I talked to him on the phone and he said he runs these sales to expand his business in certain types of models/types of bikes. Sounded like a good guy. This is a great deal!

I am having a seat done for my new F650GS. This is an AWESOME BIKE!! Had my 600 mile service done two weeks ago and rode it from OKC to Dallas and back last weekend. Not so much dirt worthy, but it can do dirt or gravel roads. It needs a more comfortable seat for longer rides. I stumbled across this deal on a seat and wanted to pass it along.

Attached Thumbnails rick mayer custom seat sale 1/2 price in oct.-45-010.jpg   rick mayer custom seat sale 1/2 price in oct.-45-013.jpg  
Old 10-25-2008, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like a good deal. I had my seat built by Renazco and will rank that mod in the top five of my long list. Looks like this guys does similar work. Too much demand for Renazco though. I doubt they would ever offer a sale like that.

Do you have the Thumper GS 650 or the newer paralled twin? I'm liking that new one. I like the older version in 'Dakar' form.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

It is a good deal. If you read through his site it looks like high end quality work.

The bike is the new twin, unbelievably smooth and plenty of power.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klrjr
The bike is the new twin, unbelievably smooth and plenty of power.

Niiiiice! I saw one in siliver and black with matching luggage, here in Japan. Sweet looking bike.

I think it's silly calling it a 650 just because it's tuned for more low end vs high power though. I hear that next year BMW will name it properly as an 800.

Last edited by tremor38; 10-25-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:10 AM
1st Gear Member

After you've ridden it, you don't really care what they call it.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:27 AM
1st Gear Member

After you've ridden it, you don't really care what they call it.
I with ya! Congrat's!

I'm glad BMW has quit resting on their laurels. They've been coming out with one innovation after another lately. I think the methods they use to balance that engine are really impressive.

Never have liked the ungainly looking boxer engine models, but I love the K-series and the parallel twins.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I sent the guy an email, I've yet to hear back.

Seriously, my tailbone is killing me from yesterday. I'm thinking what the hell, I spent a bunch of money 2 days ago on boots, goggles, helmet, kneepads so I'm better suited off-road. I might as well be more comfortable in the 1 hour it takes to get to the off-road spots....

My coccyx, it hurts!!1

By the way, the Dunlop 606 is awesome. It's big!!! It performed really well on some steep uphill sections yesterday.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:06 AM
1st Gear Member

I didn't get a response when I e-mailed either. I was able to reach him over the phone, he was very helpful and friendly.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

I didn't get a response when I e-mailed either. I was able to reach him over the phone, he was very helpful and friendly.
I got a message like 30 minutes from when I posted here.

Hi Justin
There is a DR 400S on the home page now, pretty close to your bike. Your seat will grow to about 12" I would guess, about double its present width at the rear, keeping it narrow at the front.

Bear in mind that not only is the seat wider at the rear, but softer in the center to help re-distribute weight over the larger area.
Thanks again!
Rick

I am so tempted to pull the trigger...

Old 10-28-2008, 02:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Smile

Better to redistribute the weight than to redistribute the wealth.

Quick Reply: rick mayer custom seat sale 1/2 price in oct.