Renthal Raptor bend bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Renthal Raptor bend bars

I was looking for some higher bars to so that I'd be in a better position when standing on the pegs and I settled on these Renthal "Raptor" bend bars. This is Renthal part number 6070101. I needed to reroute the clutch cable to the inside of the bar, though. Still works fine but if it was another few inches long that would have been better and could have left it alone. But if I didn't move it, the clutch would ever so slightly engage when the bars were turned all the way to the left. Moving the cable up by the gas tank to the inside of the bars took care of that small matter. They are a good bit higher and sweep back a little farther than my other Renthal bar which was an MX bar and I always felt it was just a tad low for me. Here's a few mandatory photos:

Old 01-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Renthal Raptor bend bars

Looks good..... thats what im still in the middle of doing..... but i got the green bars....

Old 01-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I like your green bars, those look pretty cool.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice bars. Are you scrapping 'project vapor?'

Old 01-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

No, just haven't remounted it yet. I may need to extend the RPM sensor wire though so that it reaches up to the bar. Before I had it mounted down where the stock instruments were.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:14 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Which renthal MX bar did you have before? (just for comparison of dims)

Im looking at the KXHI pro-tapers, they are taller than the CRHI's but alot less than the raptors. I was unsure I could fit them but dang if you can fit the raptor bars I know I can fit the KXHI's now.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JB1

Which renthal MX bar did you have before? (just for comparison of dims)

Im looking at the KXHI pro-tapers, they are taller than the CRHI's but alot less than the raptors. I was unsure I could fit them but dang if you can fit the raptor bars I know I can fit the KXHI's now.

I think what I had before was Renthal MX bars which were Stewart/McGrath bend or something like that.

I was looking for the Renthal Enduro High Bar, but I couldn't locate anyone that had one to sell. The Raptor has similar dimensions so I went with it.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
1st Gear Member

FYI,
A good reference guide for handlebar choices is the "free" catalog from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. It has size charts for all the bars that they list. Thier catalog hotline is 1 800 481-6724.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:29 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I got a chance to take a quick ride using my new bars this evening when I was testing out my speedometer adjustment. The new bars ... muuuuuch better feel, sitting and standing. They give me a much more comfortable riding position. Two thumbs up for "Raptor Bend".

Old 01-31-2007, 06:40 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

I got a chance to take a quick ride using my new bars this evening when I was testing out my speedometer adjustment. The new bars ... muuuuuch better feel, sitting and standing. They give me a much more comfortable riding position. Two thumbs up for "Raptor Bend".
Cool!!! Thanks for the testimonial Brian, That's one of the top three changes I need to make (Tail plate holder and Foot pegs are the other two...)

I saw someone else on this forum had chosen the 'Rapture Bend' because of height it gives.I agree that these stock barsseem low in comparison to what my CR125R used to feellike...

Quick Reply: Renthal Raptor bend bars