Renazco seat on order

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Renazco seat on order

I will be sending a stock KLX250 seat to James Renazco this winter.My 'buildweek'is already set at December 17th. I chose the vinyl cover, so my total cost will be $325.00 The were more expensive options, like suede or leather, but you end-up tacking on another $100.0, plus they are more high maintenance.
Nobrakes would have been the first to have one made for the 250S, but now that he hasgone orange on us it looks I might be the first to put one these jewels on our bike. I have read a few reviews of Renazco seats on DRZ400's and the reports are all great. The consensus seems to be the you won't feel any discomfort until about 200 miles. That's perfect for me because I only get about 80-100 miles between fuel stops.

I thought I would let you guys know in case there are a few among us who like to rack up the miles on pavement. I tour on this bike, so it's well worth the price to get rid of the ol monkey but. A friend of mine recently covered 1000miles in less than 24hrs on his Harley to get what is called an 'Iron But' certificate and patch. I wanted toride with him, butMY butt kepttelling meh*ll no! I did offer some moral support byriding the last 250 mileswith him but that wasn't without having to stand up several times to relieve the pain. I have anaftermarket seat that has improved my tolerance from about 15min(stock seat) to 30 minutes, but I'm finding it's not enough. That, coupled with thefactthatthe firm foam in the after market seat transmits more shock to your body which getspretty tiring after awhile.

Anyway,the date is set. They normallycomplete the'reconstructed seat' in about 3days. I'll have to suffer through the winter before being able to give it athorough test, but I'll give a full report and pics as soon as weather permits in my part of the world.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Renazco seat on order

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 09-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Good luck, Dean! I'm still liking mine and have a few months on it. Definitely worth the wait and the price.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:47 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

I regret that since my build date isn't until December 17, the best I can offer is this pic of a DRZ they did. This paticular one has the 'carbon look' cover. Seeing as howmy seat will be built in the middle of the holiday season, I might not be able to send any pics of the D-Tracker until early January.

Here's a Husky with an all suede seat. They do a great jop of staying with the same basic stock shape, but making it WAY more comfortable.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

What does it do seat height wise?

Old 09-22-2007, 02:20 AM

FM, From what I've heard it's custom to your height. They will build you the height you need for your bike!

Old 09-22-2007, 02:35 AM
1st Gear Member

I made my own for my Honda Rancher 4x4 and I used a Pro-Pad Gel insert and i removed the stock cover after i rode it and marked it during and after riding.....I then removed the factory cover and gnawed out the foam to a depth of about 1".I then inserted the pro-pad and covered it with the memory foam and then used a trusty air stapler that i borrowed from my buddies body shop and restretched and stapled the OEM seat cover back on.Total price to me? about 96$ for product and about 2 hours and 3 beers time to do the job.It turned my atv into a machine that can let me run 150 niles without macking bad in my shorts.
My KLX will get the same treatment this winter as Pro-Pad makes various sizes for alot of bike seats.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Correct. They have you do a measurement from your crotch to the ground while wearing your favorite riding boots and call it 'riding inseam length.'

ORIGINAL: HawaiiRider

FM, From what I've heard it's custom to your height. They will build you the height you need for your bike!

Old 09-22-2007, 05:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Good job,That's a cheap alternative, but it all depends upon what you like.

I've tried gel and personally don't like it after going any distance with iton the street. I don't like the way it squishes around and it gets toohot because it retainsheat. It will also break down with time and become thinner. If lot of your riding is off road, gel might be the answer because you are still moving around in the seat quite-a-bit. It just doesn't suit my purpose and I'm willing to spend the extra dinero to get what I want.

ORIGINAL: Truckman

I made my own for my Honda Rancher 4x4 and I used a Pro-Pad Gel insert and i removed the stock cover after i rode it and marked it during and after riding.....I then removed the factory cover and gnawed out the foam to a depth of about 1".I then inserted the pro-pad and covered it with the memory foam and then used a trusty air stapler that i borrowed from my buddies body shop and restretched and stapled the OEM seat cover back on.Total price to me? about 96$ for product and about 2 hours and 3 beers time to do the job.It turned my atv into a machine that can let me run 150 niles without macking bad in my shorts.
My KLX will get the same treatment this winter as Pro-Pad makes various sizes for alot of bike seats.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member

what exactly are they using for comfort then? A different type of memory foam? I also have never heard of the gel "breaking down" like you mentioned and i've been running mine for almost 5000 miles on the atv now.I do agree with the main gripe of heat retention as if the quad sits in the sun on a nice July day it gets to the "cook the 'roids off your rear" stage.........Another big plus for comfort is really cheap to have.....it's funny too. Mentholated gold bond powder does amazing things to calm the *** spasms you can have from a 200 mile day on a stock seat.....I once made 223 miles on my KLX and i was ok till about 170 miles then i really had to start standing as my legs started going numb ....but they may be because of the "*** conditioning" from the atv seat....LOL

Quick Reply: Renazco seat on order