relocating to Los Angeles area

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default relocating to Los Angeles area

I will be moving out from Southwest FLorida (Fort Myers) and out to Glendora, CA (LA area) in 4 weeks. wanted to see if anyone from here lives around there and would like to meet up and ride. Need a new buddy to work on the bikes with too!

Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on your exodus from hell!!!

After being laid off from Xerox in western NY, I spent 2 years in FM (actually, Cape Coral) before finally relocating to Utah. I hated every minute of life in Florida. Things are MUCH better now. I can now go outside on 95 degree days and not be instantly dripping with sweat...

Hopefully, you'll be able to find some local riding buddies. I'm pretty sure I've seen some Cali folks on the forum.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:14 PM
1st Gear Member

i'm sure Pogiboy rides up in the that area....i think he mentioned riding around arrowhead...

Old 07-10-2012, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome. Yeah, op, we can meet up and ride. But that will be possible in a couple of months . Broke my left leg riding at lake silverwood. I'm still on toe touch weight bearing and on walker so that will take a long time. Lake silverwood connects to lake arrowhead and big bear. Nice trails.
there are trails available to all skills . Go open route and its for the more advanced riders. You'll love it .

started riding almost always solo almost 3 months ago. This is my first dirt bike but I do mtb downhill.just when I started feeling comfortable and started modding my bike for increased performance when the unfortunate thing happened. I guess the old 3 month rule stands lol.
Ride safe.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:58 AM
1st Gear Member

I didn't think anyone moved to Cali anymore. Bring money and lots of it. We got high taxes, high property prices, high auto registration, and gas just dropped below 4 bucks a gallon. What's got you moving to LA of all places?

Old 07-10-2012, 02:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lotrat
I didn't think anyone moved to Cali anymore. Bring money and lots of it. We got high taxes, high property prices, high auto registration, and gas just dropped below 4 bucks a gallon. What's got you moving to LA of all places?
If you want to know where all the folks from your state are going to... I can tell you. Met LOTS of them here...

Last edited by rgoers; 07-10-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:15 PM
1st Gear Member

It's not my state. I moved here 18 years ago for the sunshine and to get away from the snow. There is no end to how crazy people are in Cali. I hope the good one are going to UT so they don't ruin it.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:43 PM
1st Gear Member

i have friends out there, and a good deal on a place in glendora. looking for someone who likes to really ride and work on bikes. im down to take it easy... but i really want to find someone who loves to ride fast!

I'm sorry to hear about your injury Pogiboy, when i get out there i'd sitll ike to meet up and hang out, or work in the garage or something, i'm sure i'll be finding something to do to the bike when i get out there..

Old 07-10-2012, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lotrat
It's not my state. I moved here 18 years ago for the sunshine and to get away from the snow. There is no end to how crazy people are in Cali. I hope the good one are going to UT so they don't ruin it.
I lived in Cali from '79-'82 (Castle AFB, in Atwater). I really liked Cali back then. I almost stayed, but I had a GF in NY so that's where I returned to.

I don't mean to "dis" the state... there are as many good folks there as there are crazy ones (I'm assuming you're in the former category).

The people I have met in UT (not my state either) who are from Cali have come here to get away from the high taxes. That's the same reason I did not stay in NY and retire, and eventually die at a ripe old age.

Funny, but I came to UT *FOR* the snow. If you take up a winter sport, you'll find you really like seeing the white stuff on the ground...

Old 07-10-2012, 10:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WHIP-N-DIP
i have friends out there, and a good deal on a place in glendora. looking for someone who likes to really ride and work on bikes. im down to take it easy... but i really want to find someone who loves to ride fast!

I'm sorry to hear about your injury Pogiboy, when i get out there i'd sitll ike to meet up and hang out, or work in the garage or something, i'm sure i'll be finding something to do to the bike when i get out there..
Cool. Looking forward

Quick Reply: relocating to Los Angeles area