Rejet complete on my '09!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Rejet complete on my '09! WITH VID!

Wow. That is the best word that I can use to explain it.

Note: I went with the 2009 KLX-250S kit, since that was a hot topic last week.

We went with the 128 main jet, 2 3/4s turns out on the A/F screw, pulled the snorkel out of the airbox lid. Didn't bother with elliminating any hoses tonight other than shortening the drain hose from the airbox (that dorky one with the clear catch at the bottom).

Power-wise... whoa. Lots more get-up power accross the powerband, especially in the idle - 6500 RPMS. It was after 10pm when we wrapped up so I didn't ride much, but a couple times, cruising at 40MPH I cranked it and it jumped to 47 without even counting any of the numbers between, and that wasn't even WOT. Front end lightens up in any gear... didn't wanna try any wheelies yet, but it definately feels like it has it in her now.

And totally meaningless, but the intake noise is wicked! Didn't really have much stock, and you had to really get in it for some throaty tones.. now, any gear, not even cranking it, the thing actually sounds like a dirt bike.

Definately stoked now. Very much worth the money IMO. Next is saving up for an exhaust, most likely a full Muzzy.

Couple pics from the night:

Last edited by cliffsta; 08-24-2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-16-2008, 04:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Good job.
Unleash some of that potential.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Good to hear,

Let us now how the fuel consumption changes.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice work! Good to hear it all went smoothly.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redpillar
Good to hear,

Let us now how the fuel consumption changes.
HAHA oh it has definately gone down the drain. I had ~85 miles on the tank before the jet, and had used about the normal one gallon of gas (or half a tank). Today we rode around some, and I admit I was on it hard, but it started to stumble at 108 miles so I flicked it over to reserve. I'll give a more thurough MPG report after a couple tanks of my usual concrete road cruisin around the old Army camp, and gravel road scootin'. Tomorrow though... trails

Old 08-17-2008, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool, sounds like it really opens the beast up though!!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Cliffsta - did you soak the black slide/bladder in hot water? I saw a thread that said if you don't do this the bladder will expand to a point where it cannot be re-installed.

Just curios 'cause I ordered the Muzzy and Carb kit today.
thanks.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member

That BS IMO.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Soakin the bladder....

Not a chance.......If its the top part of the carbs internals which acts like an air lock gasket...No way....Last thing Id want to do is soften and weaken(stretches) the rubber...Ive used the hot/Boiling water on a carb to intake rubber or carb to head rubber on real old bikes....It turns the old dried out rubber tubeways back to a sorta bendable rubber...

All I did with my 09 carb was make sure the bladder was completely seated in the rim gap and kept pressure on the cover until all 4 screws were finger tight....

Good Luck

Rocco

Old 08-21-2008, 05:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
That BS IMO.
Ditto that. We didn't soak anything in hot water. Just removed the stock needle and spring, then reinstalled the new needle and spring. BE CAREFUL when removing it to note which way the spring/needle are inside... there's an off-white plastic piece that holds the needle on one side and the spring fits over some little legs on the other. It all just kinda falls out. If you're not paying attention you'll put it in backwards and go "D'oh!" when you hand-test it and the needle goes bungie jumping around.

Originally Posted by f1rocco
]All I did with my 09 carb was make sure the bladder was completely seated in the rim gap and kept pressure on the cover until all 4 screws were finger tight....
Definately make sure it seals up well; you don't want any leakage, and do like Dynojet says and HAND TEST the whole working shebang before you put the halves of the carb back together, and then test it again. It'd suck to put it all back together and realized something was FUBAR.

Side-note: Kinda cheasy how the needle doesn't pop in or lock into place onto the little plastic piece... it just kinda floats there being pressed into place. My dad said the needle in his Mikumi CV carb sorta snapped or popped into place. Doesn't really make a difference other than you'll drop the needle and spacers out of place once or twice :-?

SIDE NOTE TWO: MPG REPORT: After a week and a half of riding, twice I've gotten a little over 70 MPG... last fill-up it was 74 miles to the gallon. Made it 110 miles before it started to sputter and I switched over to reserve. I'm totally stoked about the mileage. I was getting about 80 miles to the gallon in stock form, and to only drop down to ~74 is really good. And you can't say I was babyin' it because I was down on it pretty hard alot of the time, even WOT every so often. This is all pavement / gravel roads / fire breaks; raining too much all the trails are closed.

Quick Reply: Rejet complete on my '09!