regular, mid, or premium?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: regular, mid, or premium?

Who cares, I mean its meat, who cares how its cooked, as long as it tastes great. Its like the gas debate in our bikes, who cares, as long as it gets us from point A to point B while riding over to points across the river, the mountains and tight single track trails, and finally back home, its all good. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok I gotta slow down on the coffee...........again.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:43 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Davebert

What fuel grade is everyone running in there stock KLX250S? Just curious if its a waste of money on using mid-grade or premium?
Thanks,
db
We got it this about a week ago. I always wondered myself about what is fact and fiction so I called a buddy up who is a regional sales rep for a refinery and got some straight answers....

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_168479/tm.htm

Old 08-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Mmmmmm ... ribeye. Walk it through a warm room and that's done just about perfect.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:11 PM
1st Gear Member

The best marbled ribeye in the world pales in comparison to elk back strap steaks. "Kill it and grill it" as ole Teddy Nugent says.....

Old 08-05-2007, 06:13 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fireroad

The best marbled ribeye in the world pales in comparison to elk back strap steaks. "Kill it and grill it" as ole Teddy Nugent says.....
I had elk in Wyoming. Not bad. A little gamey tasting. It had a hint of a liver taste, which I didn't car for.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Using the lowest octane rating as possible without causing pinging is the way to go. IMO.

Before heading back to the other side of the forums, I'll post this link to something I read from bikeland.org's forums:

http://bikeland.org/board/viewthread...&TID=32545

The topic isn't about DS bikes, but the last time I checked, DS and sportbikes both use internal combustion engines. A member by the name of V2K_CCTX had a really good explanation of how octane really effects performance.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FM_Thumper
I had elk in Wyoming. Not bad. A little gamey tasting. It had a hint of a liver taste, which I didn't car for.
It's all in how it's prepared, from the field dressing to the aging (which most peopledon't do)to the butchering....and of course how it's cooked and marinated. There is also a big difference between a bull and a cow elk, everybody wants that big bull but they are so loaded up with testosterone that time of year the meat tastes much gameyer than a cow elk.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member

i use a 89 iowa grown corn based ethanol blend in the klx and dodge hemi, propane to grill and charcoal in the weber and smoker.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawyaker

i use a 89 iowa grown corn based ethanol blend in the klx and dodge hemi, propane to grill and charcoal in the weber and smoker.
I try to stay away from the ethanol in the KLX. I have a few stations near that carry higher octane, ethanol free gas. Usually 92 octane. It's listed for motorcycles and collector cars.

And charcoal all the way!! With a few pieces of hickory wood.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: warsanrotts

And charcoal all the way!! With a few pieces of hickory wood.

Yup! And no lighter fluid or matchlight crap to taint the taste either. Chimney starter to light the charcoal.

Quick Reply: regular, mid, or premium?