Rear rack...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 09:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Default PMR rack

I used the small bolts from the tool bag to cover the holes in the fender. It looks exactly like the hardware that came with the rack and with the bike.

Attached Thumbnails Rear rack...-image.jpg  

Last edited by KLX25O; 08-25-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Default PMR rack

I don't see the option for the sissy bar but I bought the bar to hold a duffel bag from PMR also

Old 08-25-2015, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Default PMR rack

Duffel bag.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default PMR rack

With the seal line bag and my coveralls in it, ( I need coveralls when it's cold in the morning ) but in the evening it makes a
Nice back rest.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member

How big is that duffle bag on the rear, I imagine the bottom is ridged or something or does it not flop over the sides much? I have Wolfman E-12's on the sides and then I can put my tent or heavy stuff where the rear passenger would put their butt and then I was going to use the rear rack for a Rotopax or a hardcase (pelican or similar with padding) for camera gear. I'm thinking a wider rear rack would be better in reality but 98% of the time I think I'd rather have a PM Rack or similar for day to day use.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Default tourmaster select sissybar bag

Originally Posted by NorCalKLX
How big is that duffle bag on the rear, I imagine the bottom is ridged or something or does it not flop over the sides much? I have Wolfman E-12's on the sides and then I can put my tent or heavy stuff where the rear passenger would put their butt and then I was going to use the rear rack for a Rotopax or a hardcase (pelican or similar with padding) for camera gear. I'm thinking a wider rear rack would be better in reality but 98% of the time I think I'd rather have a PM Rack or similar for day to day use.
the dimensions are 20.5” L x 12.5” W x 12”.

Its big enough to hold a full face helmet, and rain pants, and has side pockets that I keep various things, like the tool bag in. It doubles as a duffel bag and has a strap for carrying.

it does have a rigid piece that keeps it flat to the rack, but it does hang off the sides some, but the bag has never touched the exhaust.

I carry my lunch and drinks in it too while I'm driving.

Last edited by KLX25O; 08-26-2015 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I bought a pm rear rack and side racks for my 09. I really have to say that their customer service is amazing. I managed to destroy a rear rack after a 3 day ride through the sierras. I was carrying a rotopax along with a custom bag I made that has four compartments on the sides of the rotopax. I carried some tools and misc in that bag and then had my sleeping bag and tent strapped to the rotopax. The trip was very rocky and I managed to break many of the welds on the rack. I also broke the welds on my subframe! Anyway I took pictures of the rack and I kid you not, had a brand new rack in my hands for no charge two days later! Inside the box was a note congratulating me for properly breaking the rack. He also challenged me to do it again saying he would keep sending me new ones! This was about two years and many loaded rides ago. After doing some beefing up of the mounting area and more properly securing my loads, I've had no issues. I hope that kind of customer service helps make the descion of which rack to buy. Pm racks are awesome!

Old 08-30-2015, 04:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx-vn
I missed that. You're correct but I just don't see how they make that claim... Curious.

And as an aside, the pics show the other two holes being "plugged". My rack didn't come with plugs (of any color) and I have yet to find matching Kawasaki green plugs to fill the unsightly holes.

thats my bike in the photo for the rack on that website
I had another rack before he used my bike to make that rack, so I had those plugs in when he was making it.

they are from autozone , just look around on that rack with misc plugs and bolts they are rubber and tapered so they are a tight fit to pull in, but once in wont slip out
they are rubber and so far have lasted 3 years

as for using stock tool bag
I dont remember seeing any way to mount it, but its been so long since ive seen my rack
I have attached a trunk on it

I was thinking maybe welding a tab to mount the tool bag, not sure yet haven't really looked at it
all these years I was using a magnetic tank bag I kept the tools in
but since I got the ims tank I have no bag now, and keep the tools in the trunk
but does take up space in there

Last edited by MikeW; 08-30-2015 at 04:20 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I really wanted to go with PM Racks, especially since all the rave reviews but I decided to go with a TCI...well its a "Moose Racing" rack but its made by TCI so tomato tamato. I really liked the sleekness of the PMR but I wanted to stick with all soft luggage so my plan is to run my tank bag, E-12's then the TCI rear rack with a duffle and then infant of the duffle where the passenger would sit I'll put any thing else I need to fit like a tent or what ever. I don't know the exact specs but I think its 10" then tapers from 17" to 14" if I remember correctly. The Wolfman Ridgeline will work perfectly, I think I have a Wolfman fetish but thats another topic on its own. As far as a warranty I guess I'm not to worried about it because I can always weld it up my self although it won't have pretty powder coating anymore.

The rack.

Installed...

I stole this idea from the Wolfman web site...

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/035...g?v=1416602731

Old 09-03-2015, 11:52 AM
1st Gear Member

In my experience, you will never need to weld the TCI rack.
I've inadvertently tried breaking it many times and that doesn't include all the times I've overloaded the tail of the bike because the TCI was there.
I've carried things like 5 gallon gas cans, 40lb bags of dog food, and a car battery (no off-road with any of that) with no ill effects.

Quick Reply: Rear rack...