The real scoop on the 09... dealer specs and modifications

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: The real scoop on the 09... dealer specs and modifications

Alright Cosmo I'll chime in, I'm fixin a flat on my klx takin a beerbreak in the swamp ... lol...Its Hot.

You need to do all these mods at the same time.

Remove air box cover.

Rejet bike....dyno jet kit is the easiest way, follow the instructions, drill slide like they say with bit they give ya.

Buy an aftermarket exhaust, your choice pick one

Replace air filter with a hi flow version, k&n and twin air are good .... so are many others

Thats it....mosquitoes are bitin I'm out. Oh get flat proof tubes ..... Fers lol

Old 04-06-2008, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks

so the air box cover will remain off the bike even after replacing the filter?

someone said I had to also change the air box, is that really necessary?

will there be noticeable improvements in speed, acceleartion, etc.?

Old 04-06-2008, 10:36 PM
1st Gear Member

No need to change the airbox. That's a lot of work for very little gain. The reason you leave the lid off is to get more air flow. If you look at the tiny opening youhave now, you willsee why. Just make sure to rejet before you remove the cover. The dynojet kit has everything you will need in one convenient package....and their needle is superior to the stock unit or OEM 300R needle.

ORIGINAL: cosmickites

thanks

so the air box cover will remain off the bike even after replacing the filter?

someone said I had to also change the air box, is that really necessary?

will there be noticeable improvements in speed, acceleartion, etc.?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

no, same carb. CVK34
I think I would know, I've got the bike in my garage and I've had the old bike as well. yes, different idle adjustment ****, but same carb. any more clarification needed ZX?

You conveniently forgot about the TPS and the Kawasaki part numbers?
Same make/model, different carb.

Thanks again, you're the man.
I hope you enjoy your little fantasyland where the new KLX has a new or different carb than your KLX. I don't know whether you actually believe that the '09 KLX has some awesome new carb on it that only you know about or whether you just want to argue about something. Probably both, but either way you're right- the new KLX DOES has an FCR 35 with factory tuned accelerator pump and comes ported and polished. I didn't want to say how much faster it is than the '06 because I'd be accused of being bias but this new FCR really flies, woohoo.

btw, it's STILL, I repeat, it's STILL a Keihin CVK34. Do I need to take a picture of it for you? Also, I was the first one to tell you that there was no TPS.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:24 AM
1st Gear Member

went and sat on a green 09 yesterday and was amazed that the seat height is virtually identical to my 06. im not sure how but, the bike looks smaller but it isnt....very wierd. one thing i did do was grab for the rack but low and behold, it wasnt there. never really realized how handy that was as a grab hold until i didnt have one to grab. a few other things i noticed were the little soup can sized thing near the front of the frame, im assuming its only on the california model but i could be wrong. also on the frame near the passenger pegs are some little hangers or something, not sure how to describe them. also on the model i was looking at, the passenger pegs didnt fold all the way in on both sides. i did like the new tank and display and of course the headlight. nice bike but i would never trade my 06 in for one. i still cant figure out why there is 2 inches less travel but its still the same height, i thought they were gonna make it lower so more females would want one, guess not. my 2 cents.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KALISAKI

went and sat on a green 09 yesterday and was amazed that the seat height is virtually identical to my 06. im not sure how but, the bike looks smaller but it isnt....very wierd. one thing i did do was grab for the rack but low and behold, it wasnt there. never really realized how handy that was as a grab hold until i didnt have one to grab. a few other things i noticed were the little soup can sized thing near the front of the frame, im assuming its only on the california model but i could be wrong. also on the frame near the passenger pegs are some little hangers or something, not sure how to describe them. also on the model i was looking at, the passenger pegs didnt fold all the way in on both sides. i did like the new tank and display and of course the headlight. nice bike but i would never trade my 06 in for one. i still cant figure out why there is 2 inches less travel but its still the same height, i thought they were gonna make it lower so more females would want one, guess not. my 2 cents.
good observations kalisaki. you are right, the bike plays tricks with your eyes. I think the new seat has something to do with the height being the same. It's flatter and you sit more on top of it whereas with the old bike the seat was more sloped and you sat in it. I still think my '06 sat a smidge taller according to my tippy toes. those hangers are probably there so passengers will not get their feet in the rear wheel.the pegs don't fold all the way straight up, but if you look closely theyfold in at the same exact angle as the rear frame. you are right on the canister only being on CA models. I figured a nice hammer would take those "little hangers" off, but after looking at them closer they're pretty stout and I think it might do more damage than just break them off. good to see people are finally laying eyes on this bike. I don't miss the rack, never did care for it.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 AM
1st Gear Member

hey tremor38, thanks for the info.
on my way to put the cover back on since I did not jet it yet.
also, I can not seem to find the jet kit you are reffering to.
any ideas?
thanks so much

Old 04-07-2008, 11:57 AM
1st Gear Member

does anyone know if this would be the proper exhaust for teh new 2009 klx?
http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...y=005-1710406V
and where to get the jet kit?

Old 04-07-2008, 12:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Try here.
And here.

The exhaust is the same as on the Two Brothers site, check the part number.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner
btw, it's STILL, I repeat, it's STILL a Keihin CVK34. Do I need to take a picture of it for you? Also, I was the first one to tell you that there was no TPS.
I've never spoken with you.

So if I need to replace the carb on my 2007 KLX do I just go in and tell the Kawasaki parts guy to sell me the carb for the 09 KLX?
Same one right?
Man you got it going on.

Quick Reply: The real scoop on the 09... dealer specs and modifications