1st Gear Member
Default RE: The real scoop on the 09... dealer specs and modifications

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner
My wife just isn't heavy enough.
I know a lot of people who wish they could say that

Old 04-06-2008, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ....... don't make me pull up old posts how you were raggin on people how easy it was or in your case is. .. lol

Mine was a total bitch....I used a buddies 3/4" impact to pop it off the first time ...... that's the same impact they use on tractor trailer tires..fyi

Old 04-06-2008, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Wouldn't ditching the TPS hinder some performance? Its there to help adjust spark timing and give more power when laid on the throttle. So why would Kawasaki ditch it?

Old 04-06-2008, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Have you ever disconnected it and checked-out the difference? I have,and I wasn't able to tell any difference what-so-ever. I would imagine they dumped it due to something related to emissions though. I really question the effectiveness of something like that when you add the CVK's lag into the picture.

ORIGINAL: LearjetMinako

Wouldn't ditching the TPS hinder some performance? Its there to help adjust spark timing and give more power when laid on the throttle. So why would Kawasaki ditch it?

Old 04-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ....... don't make me pull up old posts how you were raggin on people how easy it was or in your case is. .. lol

Mine was a total bitch....I used a buddies 3/4" impact to pop it off the first time ...... that's the same impact they use on tractor trailer tires..fyi
I never "ragged on people" for not being able to loosen their sprocket nut. I just described how to do it. When I in fact did do it on my '06, this same scenario occurred. I had my wife sit on the bike with it on its sidestand. She applied both brakes while the bike was in gear. Nothing happened. I then got my heavier neighbor to sit on the bike off its sidestandin gear while applying both brakes. It then popped right off with a quick jerk and his heavier weight. Hopefully that can happen tomorrow. But as I already said, I like the bike's powerband how it is. Installing this sprocket is just to gauge how much of an impact it makes on the new 6th gear.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Wife is not heavy or fat enough? keep that to your self, if you wan't to remain with wife. Invest in animpact and a little compressor with tools, bout the diff between the new Yami. Then the tools come in handy.My little comp came with whrench, wratchet , staple gun and more, and yep if I still had a wife she would look good in those pants, of course dear they don't make you look fat, must be the light.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

careful as to using neighbors wife

Old 04-06-2008, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

no, same carb. CVK34
I think I would know, I've got the bike in my garage and I've had the old bike as well. yes, different idle adjustment ****, but same carb. any more clarification needed ZX?

You conveniently forgot about the TPS and the Kawasaki part numbers?
Same make/model, different carb.

Thanks again, you're the man.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Have you ever disconnected it and checked-out the difference? I have,and I wasn't able to tell any difference what-so-ever. I would imagine they dumped it due to something related to emissions though. I really question the effectiveness of something like that when you add the CVK's lag into the picture.

ORIGINAL: LearjetMinako

You maybe right. Kawasaki most likely ditched it because of the emissions in CA.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member

just got the 2009 klx
looking for anyone that has free mods and others mods for this bike
i am not so good with finding informatoin that I need.
thanks in advance and sorry such a noob on this forum

Quick Reply: The real scoop on the 09... dealer specs and modifications