Ready to pull the plug

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Ready to pull the plug

For the last month Ive been having trouble getting on this site
it takes ten minutes to load up and three or fore minutes for every page after that
i thought it was my computer but every other site i go to runs fine
i E-Mailed KF but got no answer
its more frustrating than fun and i am ready to pull the plug, any suggestions?

Old 03-26-2008, 03:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ready to pull the plug

This forum has been way slow for a little while, try deleting cookies and turn them off when you come here....works better....BUT IT STILL SLOW BECAUSE DEEJ IS USING ALL THE BANDWIDTH

Old 03-26-2008, 03:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

This forum has been way slow for a little while, try deleting cookies and turn them off when you come here....works better....BUT IT STILL SLOW BECAUSE DEEJ IS USING ALL THE BANDWIDTH
I tried that i even had my IP tech support guy look at it and he said it wasnt on my end
id hate to go but it takes so long to get anything done[:@][:@]

Old 03-26-2008, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats weird.....I'm using my cell phone as a modem using G3 and yes it is slower than my other forums......but nuthin like you are describing....and my G3 stuff sucks.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:36 AM
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear about the slow hookup wish I could help; but I'm on dial-up it always slow for me I am lucky to get 28k
but at work it off and on for speed I always thought it was the AF filters.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:37 AM
1st Gear Member

I think I know what you're talking about.

There are two things I'm pretty sure will help.
1. First try google accelerator. It seemed to help those "stuck" pages to load better for me.
2. Or try the apple safari web browser. I don't normally use it much myself, but apple's web browser never seemed to have issues with loading KF pages like IE or Firefox 2. Plus it issuper fastin general, and works for windows too. Although I have had pretty good luck with the new firefox 3 beta. It may give you much better results. Besides, if you're using IE, it's about time you change anyway.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:04 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, don't jump ship Dean. Try Firefox. I'll send a pm to Patrick and see if he can find some answers. Sheesh I leave to go watch American Idol and all heck breaks loose. Did I say American Idol? I meant WWF[8D]

Old 03-26-2008, 05:15 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, don't jump ship Dean. Try Firefox. I'll send a pm to Patrick and see if he can find some answers. Sheesh I leave to go watch American Idol and all heck breaks loose. Did I say American Idol? I meant WWF[8D]
LOL, dude, next to Supercross racing, that's my favorite show when it's on. I'm a fiend.[&o]

Old 03-26-2008, 06:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah DEEJ you said American Idol and we have the proof !!!,

I'm in sydney australia and while it is a little slow, it is not enough to bother me...

Cheers
Chris.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:42 PM
1st Gear Member

k, i get the same thing.. but i found several tricks

1) if you click a forum, sub-forum or topic and it dosent load within a few seconds continue clicking the link over and over. it should only take ~4seconds now.
2) once youre on the page and if its just white for more than 3 seconds, look at the adress at the bottom left. if it says something like "google.syndication.*****" for more than 2 seconds its stuck. use the back and forth buttons repedatly... i have nifty lil' buttons on my mouse that allow me to go back and forward on pages without the browsers arrows so i cheat (see pic) but you should just click the "go back" button then immediatly click the "go forward" button afterward. it sould load very fast after that. if not repeat three times in a row in succesion (without pausees)
3) use "refresh" like superpowers. if its froze, click refresh a billion times and it should work.

theese work miracles for me and i hope they work for you to... if not, well... sucks for you jk[8D]

Name:  IMGA0150.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  27.1 KB

Quick Reply: Ready to pull the plug