RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

id like to bring some of these desert riders here to pa and see what woods really is... desert riding cant be that hard... long open runs....
dirt actually grips pretty well compared to sand and gravel. they are each difficult in different ways (speaking purely based on my mountain biking experience as i don't have a dirtbike)

Old 02-14-2008, 02:25 PM
1st Gear Member

A) I WANT TO RIDE IN THE WOODS OF PA. Where? I am semi-local.
B) What the problem with ALL OF YOU who fight with each other and IG is simple, you are all having a giant ***** fight. That is right, you all want to one up, have the last word, discredit IG or anyone else that doesn't agree with you.

If you go back and read the banter it is all point and counter point, if someone would just say to themselves "oh well, that is his opinion" and move on, 99% of these threads would just die. But no, IG says something you do not agree with, so you jump in with venom and try to make him (or others) look like a tool (whether you or right or not), so what is the other person do? That is right, they come right back and try to make you look like a tool and so on. If just one of you would stop trying to prove your ***** is larger than the others, perhaps we could get back to helpful discussions.

More mature adults on more mature forums do just that. When some jumps into a thread and posts something off base, off the wall or just plain stupid, you know what we do? We ignore that person and continue our discussions. If that person continues to interupt the forum, the mod steps in and deletes his posts. Simple, effective and it works.

Think about it, it is the same 5 or 6 people going back and forth, back and forth for 5 pages with each other that ruins more thread than not. Blaming one person is not fair, one may be an instigator from time to time (and I say not nearly as often as some of you make it out to be) but that person is also entitled to an opinion, right or wrong, different or not than yours, fighting with each other serves no ones purpose.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif] IS WINTER OVER YET!!!!!!!!!?

Name:  wellsville11.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  90.7 KB

Name:  rufcutriders028.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  147.9 KB

Name:  rufcutriders022.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  145.3 KB

Old 02-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

That hill looks gnarly. Do people still say gnarly? Looks like some good ridin.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

that hill was damn steep!!!!

here is another shot.... im at the bottom..... see me?
Name:  P9270018.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  127.7 KB

Old 02-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marc11

A) I WANT TO RIDE IN THE WOODS OF PA. Where? I am semi-local.
B) What the problem with ALL OF YOU who fight with each other and IG is simple, you are all having a giant ***** fight. That is right, you all want to one up, have the last word, discredit IG or anyone else that doesn't agree with you.

If you go back and read the banter it is all point and counter point, if someone would just say to themselves "oh well, that is his opinion" and move on, 99% of these threads would just die. But no, IG says something you do not agree with, so you jump in with venom and try to make him (or others) look like a tool (whether you or right or not), so what is the other person do? That is right, they come right back and try to make you look like a tool and so on. If just one of you would stop trying to prove your ***** is larger than the others, perhaps we could get back to helpful discussions.

More mature adults on more mature forums do just that. When some jumps into a thread and posts something off base, off the wall or just plain stupid, you know what we do? We ignore that person and continue our discussions. If that person continues to interupt the forum, the mod steps in and deletes his posts. Simple, effective and it works.

Think about it, it is the same 5 or 6 people going back and forth, back and forth for 5 pages with each other that ruins more thread than not. Blaming one person is not fair, one may be an instigator from time to time (and I say not nearly as often as some of you make it out to be) but that person is also entitled to an opinion, right or wrong, different or not than yours, fighting with each other serves no ones purpose.
This is the most intelligent post about all of this to date. This my friends should be a sticky!!! Of course the names would have to be changed to protect the guilty, but anyway nicely written.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

That hill looks gnarly. Do people still say gnarly? Looks like some good ridin.

Bill and Ted said it in the late 80's and early 90's LOL But don't worry Eric, I still "the bomb" and that was sooooo 90's

Old 02-14-2008, 02:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Who us????? I never bashed IG besides having opinion differences......Opinions can be strong....I know his are just as strong as mine...why are you talking about penises????? are you asking to see mine????that would be gay ......and i didn't bash IG in my last post either...I just said he would be owned from going to the NE. PA. area coming from This area....I'm sure my butt would be handed to me as well going to his town from the NE area of the USA.....we all bust ***** here and some of us know how to take it and be quiet though.Some of us don't know when to shut our mouths...right now it's my turn ...I will not close my pie hole.....
Maybe we should open another forumn subsection called "shut yer piehole"!!!!...that would be pretty cool though...LOL....
I'm never angry ...I may get a little upset sometimes but i always get over it sometimes......

Old 02-14-2008, 02:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh yeah...you gotta love our terrain in Pa. .....It actually starts to suck *** after a while....but it is fun for the first 3 hours of your ride....

Old 02-14-2008, 03:00 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Truckman

Who us????? I never bashed IG besides having opinion differences......Opinions can be strong....I know his are just as strong as mine...why are you talking about penises????? are you asking to see mine????that would be gay ......and i didn't bash IG in my last post either...I just said he would be owned from going to the NE. PA. area coming from This area....I'm sure my butt would be handed to me as well going to his town from the NE area of the USA.....we all bust ***** here and some of us know how to take it and be quiet though.Some of us don't know when to shut our mouths...right now it's my turn ...I will not close my pie hole.....
Maybe we should open another forumn subsection called "shut yer piehole"!!!!...that would be pretty cool though...LOL....
I'm never angry ...I may get a little upset sometimes but i always get over it sometimes......
ROFL

Quick Reply: RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?