RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:39 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

ORIGINAL: captaintrps

"Walk the walk or stfu."

He does walk the walk IG, he actually owns and rides a bike.

And this coming from a person who offers nothing of substance as a poser wannabe telling mooredan, who contributes greatly, to "stfu".

Are you kidding me?

Deej, you can kill this thread too now that I've probably insulted IG again... I guess, ultimately, it's you who decides the membership here. If you think my comments to IG about being a poser wannabe were worthy of deleting as offensive, then I'm out anyway.

Let me ask you this; if it's true is it still an insult?

IG claims he never had to replace a two stroke MX top end in an entire racing season....sure IG, THAT makes sense. Next you'll tell us you can leap small buildings in a single bound.

When a guy who has no bike, can tell a guy who has a website dedicated to the bike the forum is specifically about with a laundry list of mods and pics to "stfu", then there's a problem.

I appreciate your site mooredan, it helped tremendously when looking for a bike to buy.

IG, if you ever "walk the walk" come back and tell us about it; until then no one cares about the HP of a yamablah.

Bob

Just for the record, I have never nor will I ever be the one who decides membership here. That my friend is the difference between admins and mods. Mods try and keep everything organized while admins have the final say in matters like these. I have never banned nor do I have the "power" to do so. Do you guys see how hard it is do be a mod? I got Some people saying that I should have never deleted a thread, and some people begging me to get rid of it. What would you guys do? Its not always black and white. I should just register again in a different name and sit in the corner and hide while everyone throws rocks at each other. Yea that's the ticket.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:29 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19
As is mine. I have learned some good info from our fellow riders.

I agree that we need to follow the forum rules though to minimize issues. Mods should not be expected to babysit no one! We are fellow riders here wanting to learn and to help.
Gabbing should be on one thread(channel) to either view or to block through that members choice. Remember that this is not a strict forum by no means. Sure, there are ups and downs in our family situation, but they are normally resolved.
Well Dragone how many times doyou have to delete a family member until you block an IP......I have not read all of this thread or even most of it.....but its the same old BS ....... IG has had what....8 identities deleted so far and he was laughing at you guys when you were deleting him because you guys don't know how to block an IP.Not one other member on this forum has EVER even been considered for deletion as far as I know.....and we all bs a lot and F with one another...but there is a difference.Ok I'm off my soapbox carry on
hmm, since I do not own this site, no family members have been banned. A mod is just a babysitter
Get off of your soap box then FM, and be nice.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: IG

I've owned three bikes in the last year yet I'm a poser? I could line up at a local race tomorrow and guarantee a top ten spot even though I haven't ridden since say September.
Yes, as a matter of fact you are a poser. Evidence of that fact is how you keep telling everybody how you've owned three bikes in the last year. Big friggen deal!!!! Why don't you still have them???? Let me answer for you ....... you don't ride enough to justify owning them. You will say that family, school, and other important things are the reason, and I repeat, You don't ride enough to justify having them.
Then you show your TOTAL IGNORANCE by making a statement like that. I don't even know you and I guarantee that you would NOT, repeat, NOT, get a top ten spot unless there were only 10 riders. Nobody can spend as little time on a bike as you do and come out and race with me and the guys I race with, with outany time in the saddle. You my friend are a poser and a blow hard! Hiding behind your keyboard suits you. Of coarse if you were taller you wouldn't be able to hide behind it.
Grow up you child. I've been observing for a long time and have noticed that you do your best to offend. But when someone returns the crap that you dish out you go crying to the mod and say how "everybody's picking on me". You area poor excuse for a person. Despite how you play it up, your life must really be miserable for you to behave the way you do.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

That's true, he didn't start this thread. I would have felt compelled to defend myself too. So can this end it now? Can we all start over?
can we all start over... hmm the fact seems to be.. as long as IG stinks this board up with his bad attitude and constant inflamation of any threads he touches its a lost cause.. seriously, the fact that i even have to point this out is kinda sad.. im gonna chill from postin for a bit.. and ill explain why.. normally im chill whether online or off.. but theirs a certain type of online personality that sets me off.. ill give ya one guess who it is.. anyways.. im still here, just lurkin...
peace out folks.

edit... if any1 needs me for whatever use pm..

edit #2:

ORIGINAL: marc11

Hey, I have seen several posts start off from the begining (a recent) one as just propaganda bull crap to call someone out and have a five page bitch fest. I chimed in early to the mods that it should be shut down, I was told, in a polite way to STFU, so I did.

If the mods would actually shut these stupid threads down EARLY as soon as they start a lot of pain would be avoided and a lot of good would be had.

A perfect example is the WR HP thread. Some dude comes back and says he has "proof" of X HP of X bike and calls out IG, right then and there, shut it down. He had no proof, didn't post any proof, it was a thread just to pick a fight, nothing more, nothing less.

I know we all do not have to read these BD threads, be we do, and it degrades the value of this forum.

i didnt bother posting the pic at the time due to laziness and i didnt feel i had to offer "proof" either way.. i mean comon were talkin bout iowaguy here.. anyways.. consider urself spanked

Old 02-14-2008, 12:53 PM
1st Gear Member

"This user is on your "block" list and the message has been blocked.
Click here to unblock this user and view this post."

As a mod, do you have any say one way or the other as to who gets booted or not?

I took KLXer's advice and IG is on ignore now. I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore, so I became part of the problem instead of being part of the solution.

At this point, it's obvious IG doesn't have any experience racing or maintaining a two stroke mx bike. You have no credibility IG, that's what hiding behind a keyboard gets you.

Statements like my grandfather put more miles on his wheelchair than you did or I have three bikes, but I can't show them to you because my Dad won't let me, or I can get a top ten finish at a local race (apparently anywhere in the country!) are baseless, argumentative and childish. Lastly, I didn't offend myself with what you're alluding to as an incoherent post. You're merely either aliterate or you have the reading skills of a 5th grader, maybe both.

Have a great day!
Bob

Old 02-14-2008, 12:58 PM
1st Gear Member

oh IG is iowaguy - somehow i never caught on to that. explains a lot though.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

a littlE slow are we?

Old 02-14-2008, 02:09 PM
1st Gear Member

maybe it has something to do with the fact that i don't spend much time in the mole section

Old 02-14-2008, 02:17 PM
1st Gear Member

IG you know i'd ride with you any day...even thogh we have had our differences.....I'd love to ride out where you are.....[sm=signs003.gif]
with all this BS...I'm not taking sides on this major ordeal but i can guarantee that in the woods of Pa. you would be [sm=owned.gif]
By some of these guys.....just warning you....they are some SMFkers in the woods.....and on the street...the twisties will spin yer head....But hey bro My opinions just differ from yours sometimes and i never hate.....hate is a strong word.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

id like to bring some of these desert riders here to pa and see what woods really is... desert riding cant be that hard... long open runs....

Quick Reply: RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?