RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Hey IG this mod job is an never ending learning process. I am learning everyday, and am willing to invest time trying to help, the problem is that I forget 75% of what I learned and am reminded of that quite often. You have a good suggestion there in that I should have locked it, that way everyone gets to keep face and yet its closed for discussion. My apologies to everyone including the thread starter. Please try and understand that there is no book on how to do this and I need all of your help in carrying on this task. Thanks in advance, now you guys know why I always ask questions and get thoughts from other members whether it be here or in pm's. Please nobody leave because of something that I did, I will try and do a better job. But I do have a life...........

Old 02-14-2008, 12:07 AM
1st Gear Member

"Walk the walk or stfu."

He does walk the walk IG, he actually owns and rides a bike.

And this coming from a person who offers nothing of substance as a poser wannabe telling mooredan, who contributes greatly, to "stfu".

Are you kidding me?

Deej, you can kill this thread too now that I've probably insulted IG again... I guess, ultimately, it's you who decides the membership here. If you think my comments to IG about being a poser wannabe were worthy of deleting as offensive, then I'm out anyway.

Let me ask you this; if it's true is it still an insult?

IG claims he never had to replace a two stroke MX top end in an entire racing season....sure IG, THAT makes sense. Next you'll tell us you can leap small buildings in a single bound.

When a guy who has no bike, can tell a guy who has a website dedicated to the bike the forum is specifically about with a laundry list of mods and pics to "stfu", then there's a problem.

I appreciate your site mooredan, it helped tremendously when looking for a bike to buy.

IG, if you ever "walk the walk" come back and tell us about it; until then no one cares about the HP of a yamablah.

Bob

Old 02-14-2008, 12:41 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej
But I do have a life...........
Come on Deej, u know your life is this forum!

Old 02-14-2008, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Mooredan is da bomb. Contributes to the KLX cause far beyond the call of duty.

Just use the block thing for IG to hide that "stuff" (look how nice I am). It works till people start quoting him.

Don't leave, several VALUABLE forum members have been driven away by it. Lord knows I've been too close. That's where the block comes in.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:18 AM
IG

ORIGINAL: captaintrps

"Walk the walk or stfu."

He does walk the walk IG, he actually owns and rides a bike.

And this coming from a person who offers nothing of substance as a poser wannabe telling mooredan, who contributes greatly, to "stfu".

Are you kidding me?

Deej, you can kill this thread too now that I've probably insulted IG again... I guess, ultimately, it's you who decides the membership here. If you think my comments to IG about being a poser wannabe were worthy of deleting as offensive, then I'm out anyway.

Let me ask you this; if it's true is it still an insult?

IG claims he never had to replace a two stroke MX top end in an entire racing season....sure IG, THAT makes sense. Next you'll tell us you can leap small buildings in a single bound.

When a guy who has no bike, can tell a guy who has a website dedicated to the bike the forum is specifically about with a laundry list of mods and pics to "stfu", then there's a problem.

I appreciate your site mooredan, it helped tremendously when looking for a bike to buy.

IG, if you ever "walk the walk" come back and tell us about it; until then no one cares about the HP of a yamablah.

Bob

Who's talking about yamablah horsepower? I wasn't the one who started the thread about that. Oh, so if you have a website about bikes, then you're suddenly the holy grail in terms of motorcyclists? That is so shallow. My dad, grandpa and uncles have ridden more miles on bikes than you'll ever dream of, you think they update a website daily? It means squat, I've owned three bikes in the last year yet I'm a poser? I could line up at a local race tomorrow and guarantee a top ten spot even though I haven't ridden since say September. Nah, you're not offending me, but rather you're offending yourself and the way you present your case. It's all over the place and makes you look like, well, you fill in the blank. Deej, hold onto your hats bud, this is due to get interesting. Maybe like a sequel to the one you deleted. I promise I'll be good though. See, this is where the pats on the back and convincings come into play. A couple already showed up, aaaah, don't leave Johnny. You'll be okay, you're a good player. KLXer is cross addicted to other people quoting his main addiction, IG. That's how he still gets his fix. LMAO[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif][sm=violin.gif]

Old 02-14-2008, 02:38 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dirt_beaver

ORIGINAL: deej
But I do have a life...........
Come on Deej, u know your life is this forum!
As is mine. I have learned some good info from our fellow riders.

I agree that we need to follow the forum rules though to minimize issues. Mods should not be expected to babysit no one! We are fellow riders here wanting to learn and to help.
Gabbing should be on one thread(channel) to either view or to block through that members choice. Remember that this is not a strict forum by no means. Sure, there are ups and downs in our family situation, but they are normally resolved.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

I agree that we need to follow the forum rules though to minimize issues. Mods should not be expected to babysit no one! We are fellow riders here wanting to learn and to help.
Gabbing should be on one thread(channel) to either view or to block through that members choice. Remember that this is not a strict forum by no means. Sure, there are ups and downs in our family situation, but they are normally resolved.
Well Dragone how many times doyou have to delete a family member until you block an IP......I have not read all of this thread or even most of it.....but its the same old BS ....... IG has had what....8 identities deleted so far and he was laughing at you guys when you were deleting him because you guys don't know how to block an IP.Not one other member on this forum has EVER even been considered for deletion as far as I know.....and we all bs a lot and F with one another...but there is a difference.Ok I'm off my soapbox carry on

Old 02-14-2008, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Does anyone else notice that this mooredan cat started this thread and hasn't posted another comment. Just an observation, but from someone who is still fairly new to this group, he doesn't appear to be fixing a problem but simply initiating one. By the way, I have appreciated how pleasent and patient people have been with my simpleton and newbie type questions. I have gained a lot of knowledge about my bike simply by reading from this forum and asking some questions now and again. I say "Let it Be."

Old 02-14-2008, 04:59 AM
IG

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

Well Dragone how many times doyou have to delete a family member until you block an IP......I have not read all of this thread or even most of it.....but its the same old BS ....... IG has had what....8 identities deleted so far and he was laughing at you guys when you were deleting him because you guys don't know how to block an IP.Not one other member on this forum has EVER even been considered for deletion as far as I know.....and we all bs a lot and F with one another...but there is a difference.Ok I'm off my soapbox carry on
fm, I thought we were friends? guess not? fwiw, I think I've only had 3 id's. I've also never been threatened with being banned. I think if they wanted me gone, they'd had done it a while back. BTW, I'm glad you consider me family.Also, why is this one my fault? I didn't start anything here. I think you really should read the thread before making statements regarding who is the bad guy here; or are you superglued to the anti-IG bandwagon?

Old 02-14-2008, 05:18 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That's true, he didn't start this thread. I would have felt compelled to defend myself too. So can this end it now? Can we all start over?

Quick Reply: RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?