RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:39 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

someone clear this up for me. why is it that a guy who doesn't like athread HAS to read it? isn't this just like a television set in that if you don't like what's on you change the channel?
this guy had a problem with athread or mutiple threads which isfine but it wasHIS problem. now he makes itEVERYONE'S problem. hey DEEJ put that post back up for us who didn't have our sensibilities insulted. we're adults here, we have choices. you make yours and leave mine to ME!!!

Old 02-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lcpl0331

someone clear this up for. why is it that a guy who doesn't like athread HAS to read it? isn't this just like a television set in that if you don't like what's on you change the channel?
this guy had a problem with athread or mutiple threads fine but it wasHIS problem. now he makes itEVERYONE'S problem. hey DEEJ put that post back up for us who didn't have our sensibilities insulted. we're adults here, we have choices. you make yours and leave mine to ME!!!
Sorry its permanently deleted, but I wouldn't put it back up anyway. Move on.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I can see I am going to quickly become less popular with recent events, but you know what that's cool, I have been getting lots of PM's from members whining saying "he looked at me" or I'm leaving if IG stays, and on top of that I have been getting it from the mods in other sections and one of the admins. So lets remember why we are here. To respect everyone and to share ideas. As soon as I see a thread heading or even starting out with what looks like an insult, and that goes foreveryone as well, its gone...period!

Old 02-13-2008, 06:09 PM
1st Gear Member

if it makes you feel any better deej, i still think youre cool

Old 02-13-2008, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member

i've got an idea - lets just change the rules to allow whoring in the whoring thread [8D]

Old 02-13-2008, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Dan,

I'd like to see you stay on the forum, because you never seem to stop tinkering. We live and ride at about the same altitudes, and you make it easy for the changes I make.

I've had my bike for two years, have completed many mods, and have more to go.I find new and interesting ideas on a frequent enough basis that I check back often.

There are new members joining on a regular basis. They ask all the old questions, but someone here always politely provides the answer (and/or links). It's one of the things that makes this forum great.

I don't mind the "useless bantering". It is usually pretty entertaining, and sometimes leads to a discovery that some of us can use. I honestly don't think this forum needs changing.

Stick around Dan, please keep us updated if you make any more changes.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:37 PM
IG

And to think that I was going to stay quiet until I got my new KLX. And then after two weeks of not posting someone just had to take a jab at me. So naturally I had to defend myself. You IG people need to friggin let it rest. If I really get to you that much, then you need to really get a life. Like someone said, move on and don't read my relentless offerings. But if you say you're gonna leave if I'm staying, then leave already and stop these wasteful threads saying 'oh boohoo, I don't like how this place is operated and I can't take it, so off I go unless I get enough pats on the backs and convincings to stay around while I still post on other threads'.Walk the walk or stfu. Unless I get banned which hasn't happened yet, I don't plan on going anywheres.If this is the type of post you don't like reading, then block me or don't read it. And if you took it personally then you're reading too much into it.[&:]

Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG
you Eric, you're the only one that stays out of the rants. I realize you're busy in other business at home.
Out of all the people on this forum, you're the one I'd like to go riding with, we could bring deej and brian too. But brian would be rebuilding his top end between rides so that wouldn't be fun. j/k brian.
Hey, I resemble that remark. [&:]

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
lifes too short for the BS..... i just ride and mod and ride more... the rants always amaze me how "sucked" into them people get...

brians cool to ride with but he has got to watch out for rolling logs......
And that one, too. [:@]

I can't say I read the "crow" thread too closely aside from the stuff I was directly responding to, but I didn't see it get too personal other than the opening comments. But IG didn't seem to mind too much and probably did get under the OPs skin at one point. If you dish it out, you should be prepared to get some back in return and if there's one thing you can say about IG is that he does seem to take it pretty well, though he also is a giver. Most of us have come to accept that over the year(s) and just look over it most of the time.

I don't want to see anyone leave, but I also don't want to see this place be run like some of the other sterile, dry forums. I've tried to be a part of some of them, but man it is just too boring. Even their off-topic sections are boring. As lcpl0331 said, no one makes you read those threads. As long as no one is being personally attacked and the banter doesn't get too out of hand, I don't see a problem with it. But personal attacks are no fun to receive (I know that from experience) and I don't like seeing others get them either. I do take my jabs at IG and he jabs back, but that's what we do. We don't generally let it get out of hand ... anymore.

Deej, I won't question what you decide to delete, but my suggestion would be to not make hasty decisions. When you are ready to click the "delete" button or whatever you use on that fancy screen you mods have, my suggestion is to wait, hold up, sleep on it, and then do it the next day if you still feel the need. I got home after work and was looking forward to catching up on the "crow" thread, only to find it's gone. [sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 PM
IG

Yeah I can see his point deej. I understand you just want to make it all go away but it really is unfair to make it disappear when other's didn't have the luxury to read what I wrote. Just locking it would be better (maybe?), otherwise I think that thread would have gone on for 8 or 9 pages. You're the man who makes the decision, and I can see your side but I can also see NB's side of wanting to catch up on all the names I called him only to see it gone. Not telling you what to do or even recommending anything, but just that I can see his point too.

You ever get the feeling that our forum needs to go on Dr. Phil?

On another topic, has anyone played ExciteTruck on the Wii? I just got it and that game is rocking my world.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I go to work and come back this afternoon and I'm missing out on all the drama again! [X(]

Quick Reply: RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?