RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Hey, I have seen several posts start off from the begining (a recent) one as just propaganda bull crap to call someone out and have a five page bitch fest. I chimed in early to the mods that it should be shut down, I was told, in a polite way to STFU, so I did.

If the mods would actually shut these stupid threads down EARLY as soon as they start a lot of pain would be avoided and a lot of good would be had.

A perfect example is the WR HP thread. Some dude comes back and says he has "proof" of X HP of X bike and calls out IG, right then and there, shut it down. He had no proof, didn't post any proof, it was a thread just to pick a fight, nothing more, nothing less.

I know we all do not have to read these BD threads, be we do, and it degrades the value of this forum.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:03 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kohburn

banter is part of our culture - its what helps to build the bonds that a lot of the forum members have.

that said - it should still be kept to a reasonable level and prefferably kept to the OT section
+1 keep the help and advice in the bike sections and the chatting/banter in the off topic and everyones happy, theres no problem here

Old 02-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marc11

Hey, I have seen several posts start off from the begining (a recent) one as just propaganda bull crap to call someone out and have a five page bitch fest. I chimed in early to the mods that it should be shut down, I was told, in a polite way to STFU, so I did.

If the mods would actually shut these stupid threads down EARLY as soon as they start a lot of pain would be avoided and a lot of good would be had.

A perfect example is the WR HP thread. Some dude comes back and says he has "proof" of X HP of X bike and calls out IG, right then and there, shut it down. He had no proof, didn't post any proof, it was a thread just to pick a fight, nothing more, nothing less.

I know we all do not have to read these BD threads, be we do, and it degrades the value of this forum.
Who told you to STFU? I sincerely hope it wasn't me.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:37 PM
IG

Yeah, I agree. It's almost like they're complaining about something they participate in or put up with. I don't take threads with my name in the title seriously and actually laugh at them, but you're right they're just there to accumulate 5-pages of nothing. Someone with some power should monitor a little more and shut those types of things down before you boil over to 5-pages+ of crap. The same people who complain about that thing are the same ones jabbing IG at their opportunity in these threads. I won't say I'm perfect, but I do not go around looking for a debate as I like to call them. I know I've said some less than stellar things to deej and brian and for that I know I was wrong, but I don't really take this place seriously. I actually think some base their whole membership on coming up with a way to try and make IG look bad or "eat crow". And the thing is, I will admit when I was wrong or accept a mistake. So it's all for not realistically. I like to debate people, it's just my nature. But to call me out and start a thread with my name for that purpose, you better be coming with a slew of weaponry to back yourself up. Because it's not just me that want to see the results you're basing your claims off of. There are some intelligent people here and they will hold others accountable at least sometimes.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

intelligent people? ........ where?!

just messin.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:58 PM
IG

you Eric, you're the only one that stays out of the rants. I realize you're busy in other business at home.
Out of all the people on this forum, you're the one I'd like to go riding with, we could bring deej and brian too. But brian would be rebuilding his top end between rides so that wouldn't be fun. j/k brian.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

lifes too short for the BS..... i just ride and mod and ride more... the rants always amaze me how "sucked" into them people get...

brians cool to ride with but he has got to watch out for rolling logs......

Old 02-13-2008, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

you Eric, you're the only one that stays out of the rants. I realize you're busy in other business at home.
Out of all the people on this forum, you're the one I'd like to go riding with, we could bring deej and brian too. But brian would be rebuilding his top end between rides so that wouldn't be fun. j/k brian.
I could go too? Hmmm, I knew you still loved me IG. But seriously, you and I have had our differences and I have lost my cool as well, but one thing I can say is that you actually apologized to me and that in my book erases a lot of stuff. Hey I deleted the Crow thread, I'm sorry if anyone is upset, but it was outta control. I should have sent a pm as soon as I saw it. Lets all just get along. PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!? ?

Old 02-13-2008, 05:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej is a good one to ride with- I actually saw him get dirty [:-]
I guess I'm a bit more of a lurker than a post *****, but i do find it all very interesting, as long as its in the off topics thread I really don't see any problems, and things that get out off hand can be PM'ed.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wedge

Deej is a good one to ride with- I actually saw him get dirty [:-]
I guess I'm a bit more of a lurker than a post *****, but i do find it all very interesting, as long as its in the off topics thread I really don't see any problems, and things that get out off hand can be PM'ed.
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! See I told you guys that I have been dirty before, its not always about the clean.........well not until I get home anyway.[8D]

Quick Reply: RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?