RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:55 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?

Re: https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_968..._1/key_/tm.htm

Hmm, over a year later and we're still having five page posts on the same useless subject. It's not suprising that some of the more valuable members walked away and never returned to this forum. Guess who's next?

Old 02-13-2008, 05:32 AM
IG

hey, sad to see you go but have fun in Utopia. I'm sure everyone would like to know what it's like there. Thanks for an interesting 1/2 hour of reading down memory lane. It was like watching reruns of Knots Landing.

ps. these types of threads ALWAYS backfire and never support the intent of originator.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mooredan

Re: https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_968..._1/key_/tm.htm

Hmm, over a year later and we're still having five page posts on the same useless subject. It's not suprising that some of the more valuable members walked away and never returned to this forum. Guess who's next?
I blame the cabin fever [8D]. I also agree with you though, theres less and less useful information coming up and more banter, or good threads are being polluted with the same type of banter. I'd hate to say that I've gotten all I'll get out of the forum, but it almost seems that way [&o]

Old 02-13-2008, 12:57 PM
1st Gear Member

I would hate to see anyone leave here.
There is great info here & after I found this form & because of it I became an owner.

I believe the best part now that remains is hearing about others upgrades, ride reports & meeting other riders in my area (CT).

The parts I don't like is members degrading & ridicule of other members for their opinions.

Per the OP's question, Yes! The form should be run by the rules. People should also ALWAYS think before they submit their post.
If someone post comes across the wrong way to other members & it wasn't meant to be taken that way, there is nothing wrong with saying sorry & trying to correct it but Think 1st before you post.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:02 PM
1st Gear Member

banter is part of our culture - its what helps to build the bonds that a lot of the forum members have.

that said - it should still be kept to a reasonable level and prefferably kept to the OT section

Old 02-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Old 02-13-2008, 03:29 PM
1st Gear Member

I think the useful information is well worth going through the bantering, drama, quips, smart a*s to downright funny replies at times. It makes me want to "stay-tuned", and yes a lot of what is being posted is worthless quibble but at the least you are getting to know the personalities of your fellow KLX riders - hey, it's life and adds a little color to the forum besides just green! IMO Mooredan, you're a valued participant here - don't leave, we need you to help add some balance to the convoluted equation!

Old 02-13-2008, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

is this serious? i haven't noticed a difference in the forum from my day one and i still done all the mods with help from the membersregardless of banter...i dont want to see anyone leave either, but if valuable members still want to leave, then the next most knowledgable person will have to step in and give advice to a new owner who wants to do mods...

Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Alright everyone calm down, its just that we all have been cooped up for so long, well except you Mark. I remember this happening the first and second winter I was on here. Just relax guys, as soon a everyone can ride things will settle down a little.[sm=happy046.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Oh by the way, I rode to work today, that makes two days in a row. I can feel the cabin fever melting away just like the snow that was on the ground a week ago.[8D]

Old 02-13-2008, 04:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey, I have seen several posts start off from the begining (a recent) one as just propaganda bull crap to call someone out and have a five page bitch fest. I chimed in early to the mods that it should be shut down, I was told, in a polite way to STFU, so I did.

If the mods would actually shut these stupid threads down EARLY as soon as they start a lot of pain would be avoided and a lot of good would be had.

A perfect example is the WR HP thread. Some dude comes back and says he has "proof" of X HP of X bike and calls out IG, right then and there, shut it down. He had no proof, didn't post any proof, it was a thread just to pick a fight, nothing more, nothing less.

I know we all do not have to read these BD threads, be we do, and it degrades the value of this forum.

Quick Reply: RE: Do You Want This Forum To Be Run By The Rules?