Rate your exhaust here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Rate your exhaust here!

I'm in Canada also I've got Hindle about $350 Looks cool great performance and LOUD

Old 03-01-2008, 12:58 AM
1st Gear Member

If you want to hear it
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a...indlesound.flv

Old 03-03-2008, 09:29 AM

MUZZY = ****ing Superb!!!
Mate, I am up in Mackay and I looked into a number of exhausts, and found a great deal on the Muzzy which i got shipped from the US for $520AUD including a DynoJet kit for the KLX300. It only took 6 days to get here as well. I got it from JC_Motors exhaust store on ebay. (Give them a call and ask for Verne Ochango). There is a guy in Brisbane called wolf racing (he has a website) and is the Australian distributor for Muzzy. (I dont know how much for a full system but i got the quiet core for $25).
The way i see it is...
Staintune - too expensive
Barrett - excellent, great price, great choice of colours, but is only a slip on
Foran from Newcastle Kawasaki - too expensive, performance???
Muzzy - go you beauty!!!!!!
Doing you own jet mods is easy as (i was a novice before KF - now a legend i just fixed by daughters PW50 carb!)
How easy is this, i just foud one (and while the aussie dollar is so strong you should jump on it. Dont **** around ordering online though, just the world clock and give them a call - they are open til 7pm mon-fri, but are closed on weekends.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-M...9590QQtcZphoto

Have fun.
Dan

Old 03-03-2008, 01:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Four stroke works header.....fit 6= have to ding the tube to clear the cam oil feed tube and it wouldn't mate up to the silencer (not their fault tho IMO).
slip on FMF powercore IV ....fit would be a 10 to a compatable headpipe....this is hard to explain but i TIG welded the slots in the header closed because the slip-on already had the slots....then the dillemma....getting everything to fit to a T....
Overall power is impressive and i never expected this much of a gain from a header and a silencer.
If you don't mind tinkering this setup works very well....a little loud for my tastes so i installed the quiet core in the muffler...That brought it back into a nice deep tolerable level.I do need to repack it already though but i do have about 4000 miles on it so i would expect that.

Looks 8 I can never argue with the looks of a shorty FMF can on the bike.I dislike the length of the other mufflers out there.The header is rusting but it has seen all types of weather conditions (even road salt)so i won't gripe...A rag soaked in wd-40 and a rub down fixes that from time to time when i do my service.
would i do it again? yes.....but i like tinkering...I only wish Jerry Leighton would make the header in stainless.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I'll rate my FMF set up on a 1-10 scale.
FMF S/A Q4 Pipe:
Fit and Finish: 9
Sound: 7.5 It has a nice tone and is relatively quiet, a little quieter and better sounding after I repacked it though now an 8.5 The only negative that I can think of is the length of the silencer although it does not bother me and causes no problems I have read others complain about it. FMF S/S Powerbomb Header: Fit and finish: 10 it is absolutely perfect in every regard. Only thing to note is that you will need to install a heat-shield on this header or be prepared to ruin some pants or go up in a ball of flames. Over all power-wise this setup (along with proper jetting) wakes this bike right up. I paid about $460 for the system and would do it all over again.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:59 AM

To everyone.
Thanks - this is great.
By going 'Green' I didn't just get a great bike... but I got a great set of online mates.
Cheers to you alll !!!

Old 03-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Muzzy is what I bought because 2 years ago, that seemed to be the only one out there for this bike. But if the big gun or two brothers or really any other onewould have been available I probably would have gone with that. It really doesn't matter to me, its just an exhaust.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:15 PM
1st Gear Member

My full CRD system ! I bought it from a friend of mine (she had a D-Tracker ) for under 100euros.
The inside of the mufler is not as CRD made it , the spark arestor is missing , it's like telescope !
Price 10
Performance 8 and much more better than my old Supertrap ids2 + stock header .
Sound 8 , very nice deep sound but loud enouph for the police...
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-10-2008, 11:21 PM
1st Gear Member

attention two brothers owners...If I order the slip-on for the 250, do i also need to order a mid-pipe? spark arrester? silencer? or did it all come with? I could only find a p/n for the muffler and for silencer but hope the new muffler would come with everything I need to hook it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated..pics also welcomed finally got some cash to get a muffler

Old 03-11-2008, 01:52 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mudjunkie

attention two brothers owners...If I order the slip-on for the 250, do i also need to order a mid-pipe? spark arrester? silencer? or did it all come with? I could only find a p/n for the muffler and for silencer but hope the new muffler would come with everything I need to hook it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated..pics also welcomed finally got some cash to get a muffler
will come with all!

Quick Reply: Rate your exhaust here!