Rack recommendations.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 04:25 PM
1st Gear Member

that doesn't look too bad...little bulky, but looks like it will be very sturdy....wish it was black, but looks pretty decent...wonder if there will be any rust issues.....

KLX 250S Rear 159.00 Bengal Silver

Originally Posted by ol'kl[U
[/U]x-er;476574]I think that this is where the Cycleracks is nice. As it mounts to the passenger pegs it tranfers weight off the subframe. 50# would be a lot to have hanging on the back off the subframe.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Update: I went with the Moose rack, installed at the same time I put on Seat Concepts seat. The borrego looks to be the same at less cost. I got a bit of a slice on the price @ Motorcycle Superstore. by asking for it and with free shipping it's almost a wash on $$. I've put on about 90 miles with nothing loaded on the rack yet. Nothing loose, and went on easy. Getting on and off the bike takes a bit more umph with the leg lift to clear and once loaded will require a step over. I got the larger rack in order to pack more food/clothes/tools etc for some longer back country exploring.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666
that doesn't look too bad...little bulky, but looks like it will be very sturdy....wish it was black, but looks pretty decent...wonder if there will be any rust issues.....
I've had mine four years, no rust. It would be easy enough to hit it with some black before you install it. Plenty sturdy, I can pick the back of the bike off the ground with it. Does a great job of protecting the rear signals and plastics (Now, how would I know that )
They ship USPS which really worked well for me, as Canucks get raped by the courier's border fees.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hmmmmm I am now thinking of mounting one of those twist and lock gas cans on the lid of my Pelican case. then I could take the gas can on and off real fast but not lose the case.

You guys think the rack and case would support one of those gas containers? I mean after all I have carried a chainsaw on the back, and close to 50 lbs from my canada trip.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll sell you my nomadic rack, 45 it's yours. Not a scratch on it. You can grab the side of that rack, and whip the tail around without thinking twice.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:29 PM
1st Gear Member

^^^ Tried to PM you..but your PM is set to off..PM me on the rack..Thanks

Last edited by azdeuce; 10-19-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Great choice with the nomadic. I love mine.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry about the p.m. thing!! I'm gonna open everything up right now. Still got the rack, still like brand new. Whoever wants it you're welcome to it.....40$ and it's yours. Not sure how to ship it......worry about that when the time comes!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 03:02 PM

Does anyone have a report on a cycleracks? I am wanting to do some minimalist adventure riding and think bigger is better - but I don't have any experience.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I have the Cycleracks on my '09. It's not pretty but very functional. Transfers a lot of the load to the passenger peg mount location, reinforces the subframe. Does a great job of protecting the turn signals and plastics at "nap" time. As a local MC shop owner commented "You could carry a moose on that!".

Quick Reply: Rack recommendations.